Snagged the LaScalas

eth2

Look at the thread in Technical about ALK crossovers mounted on single board by Full Range. There are some LS ideas for you in that thread. Ported bass mod has got me thinking.....again. He has posted a video with sound. Worth a look.

• Like 1

My question Earl, is "what would painting them black do to the re-sale value?"

You are obviously putting money into them with the idea you are going to keep them, and with that in mind, re-sale might not be the first priority.

Personally, I like black speakers, as I like my speakers to "disappear" into the background. There is also a "black ash" veneer that might make them look better, but still not break the bank during your refurb.

Edited by wvu80

• Moderators

If they were mine I would update the crossovers and start sanding and see where it goes from there.

A free estimate for veneer is not a bad thing either just to see the cost. Also consider grills top and bottom if you like that look, it would cover the hard to get to spots with refinishing, by yourself or someone else, just a thought.

Either way Congratulations, don't blame you for grabbing them.

Well done! LaScala's make you forget about the rest of your lineup. Like everyone else has said, keep your budget low. Sand and fill, sand and fill. If you are a 2-20 watt listener, consider some of Bobs A style networks. They can be had for $100 bucks a side brand new and sound great. Also, I wouldn't paint them black. I have a set of black Industrial LS's and the black gets old quick. I would love for them to have a raw wood finish.

• Like 1

I got the LaScalas at a good price. Cabinets are a little rough. Will post pictures later. Thanks, Opus

he's just hoping that hum will settle a bit with something or the hum will just go away...man earl! you trying to chase the wife away!

• Like 1

I got the LaScalas at a good price. Cabinets are a little rough. Will post pictures later. Thanks, Opus

for the sake of humanity Earl...when you add the lascalas to your list disband them hideous 901's lol I feel that hum may exist primarily due to them even being in the same neighborhood

EDIT: honestly give them to the goodwill and write them off...that is a great way to rid your like of hums or the klipsch websites hmmmm's....they look terrible below such a wonderful collection...

Edited by beeker