What a mis-spelled duece bag

USNRET

Today I saw a name pop up on Face Book. He was bragging about how much money he makes. I congratulated him and invited him to a party. Told him it's free since the cover charge is the $3000.00 he has owed me for three years.

I have loaned sums of money to people when they were down. Just wrote it off in my mind as a gift.

Every once in a while someone will come up and say something like "Hey you remember that money you loaned me?"

Then pay me back. Hell sometimes I've forgotten all about it until they remind me.

Friends can tell me I stink and need a shower without offending me, and have. They can also surprise me by doing things I find pleasure in. Pay back a loan I had forgot about. My buddy has my KTM 550 two stroke desert race bike in his front room where he can keep an eye on it for me. Looks like new, and value is going up The only real problem is he has it all shined up with all the dirt off, and one good ride would require a complete cleaning, So there it sits for future motocross riders to climb on and dream their DREAMS

Don't know what you call it, I just call it Karma, Sometimes you have enough Karma (good juju) and good things come your way.

Other times when you haven't treated people right. Well there is BAD Karma (BAD JUJU). and it seems no matter how hard you try. Thing just don't turn out right

• Like 1

Back in 2009 I gave a 'friend' furniture. And then I moved away and I was no longer her friend according to her. It's funny though. Because of the industry I'm in the CAD/CAM software I've been using for 26 years and consequently the people that work for that software company that I've known for years know her because she works for the same company there Ohio office. She's been there forever so she probably really didn't need free furniture. I didn't find that out until a few months ago. Not to brag but now I'm finally making decent money....so I guess I should chalk that up to a life experience.

Edited by Sprags
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Back in 2009 I gave a 'friend' furniture. And then I moved away and I was no longer her friend according to her. It's funny though. Because of the industry I'm in the CAD/CAM software I've been using for 26 years and consequently the people that work for that software company that I've known for years know her because she works for the same company there Ohio office. She's been there forever so she probably really didn't need free furniture. I didn't find that out until a few months ago. Not to brag but now I'm finally making decent money....so I guess I should chalk that up to a life experience.

What's the problem? You gave her the furniture. Do you think that puts her in your debt or that she owes you friendship in exchange. Friends come and go, that's life. Maybe the furniture you gave her was nicer then what she had, or filled an empty spot in her home. If you believe in it, Karma can be both good to you or bad for you. Live your life accordingly.

I still live with bad Karma from over 30 years ago. So I know I'm not perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

What I like is when you give something to someone after they comment on the one you have. In this situation the item or items usually benefits them or their kids. Well then the next time you're at their house and don't notice the item there, they say, oh we had to sell it. I generally give unused items to relatives, house keeper, tenants, etc. It aggravates me that their is no appreciation of a gift anymore, its all about turning things into cash via CL or EBAY.

I'll never begrudge anyone clothes, a meal or a forgotten borrowed book.............. but those who 'borrow' $$$ and neglect to honor the debt tend to make that a habit - a habit which will not serve them well in the long run. People do need to be responsible and enabling them otherwise may not be necessarily friendly.