Dont drink the KoolAid

joessportster

I especially like the part at the bottom where they want to sell you the aluminum enclosures, and they state " You can solder or use CRIMP fittings to attach to the IEC .....................so in otherwords you need this 500+ dollars worth of outlet upgrades but it is perfectly fine to use a 10cent aluminum crimp fitting for connections :blink::o

http://www.cruzefirstaudio.com/maestro_outlet.htm

• Like 2

Is there a requirement we have failed to read somewhere that would state you must be the most gullible horses rear on the planet to be an Audiophile

crap like this is exactly why I wont be called an audiophile

I am taking suggestions for a new product that I can market via Audiogon as a new and better way to hear these magnificent improvements in ones audio system, I am thinking I will gold plate the 10 Cent aluminum crimp fittings and sell them for 19.00 each, or maybe take the wifes suggestion and paint some outlet covers with audio themes on them like music notes or albums / album art, and market them for 39.99 each ( I could freeze them for 30 days and call them cryogenic treated

• Like 2

I love seeing these outlets, this is usualy what gets me ask to leave an audio store.

The "Black" outlet is a china repoduction and cost about $4.25 @ Lowes, just a simple 20Amp outlet, not even Hospital Grade.

Fool and his money are soon parted.

If i was not such an honest guy, i could say i have a back door to the company that make these and sell them for $30 bucks.

How does this outlet "sound"? I like my outlets not to make any "sound". :)

The only bad sound i ever heard from an outlet was from a poor contact.

Pure BS, how do these people sleep at night.

If you want to spend extra on a good outlet just buy the hospital grade models.

• Like 1

This one just struck me funny because they go through a 2 or 3 page diatribe with testimonials included then at the end they say attach with a crimp, I almost lost it........Completely asinine how the heck can you praise the stuff for its purity and quality and then in the same breath state use a crimp to connect it. I would like to call the guy out on this :pwk_bs: in a public way. I am sure they stay away from such encounters

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hospital Grade outlets always have a green dot.

I thought hospital grade outlets were orange.

That is a completely different sound that the green dot models, it just depends on what kind of sound your after ?

• Like 1

I especially like the part at the bottom where they want to sell you the aluminum enclosures, and they state " You can solder or use CRIMP fittings to attach to the IEC .....................so in otherwords you need this 500+ dollars worth of outlet upgrades but it is perfectly fine to use a 10cent aluminum crimp fitting for connections :blink::o

You're gonna give yourself a stroke, my friend. Just stay off those sites.

• Like 1

You're gonna give yourself a stroke, my friend. Just stay off those sites.

Not me my friend, I look at all this crap as a joke, and read it for the shear comic relief..............................I just had to share the comic factor :D

• Like 1

but there is ongoing discussions concerning the best method of creating an electrical contact......crimp vs. solder. I am on the fence. We use both in aircraft. I would surmise that a proper solder would better a proper crimp based solely on my belief that a crimp could allow for more invasive corrosion and less contact area due to unequal expansion and contraction but WTF do I know?

but there is ongoing discussions concerning the best method of creating an electrical contact......crimp vs. solder. I am on the fence. We use both in aircraft. I would surmise that a proper solder would better a proper crimp based solely on my belief that a crimp could allow for more invasive corrosion and less contact area due to unequal expansion and contraction but WTF do I know?

Everything JPL/Nasa is/was soldered, and you can bet they likely had a research team that we paid for to figure that out.