Some good quotes...

mustang guy

Just now, I was ready quotes from Carl Sagan who said such things as:

To make a pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

You are worth about 3 dollars worth in chemicals.

I find that the statements he made that had few words tended to have more impact. Perhaps that is because it is easily passed on by verbal tradition. I can still hear Carl Sagan saying "Billions and Billions" in my mind. What a guy...!!!

My dad always told me that in business "to watch the pennies, the dollars will watch themselves". I am sure he was quoting wisdom from another person, but that doesn't matter. What matters to me is that it mattered to him. He also has said on MANY occasions to practice moderation. Too much of anything is a bad thing.

Is there any wisdom you would like to share?

• Like 1

Candidates for the Darwin Award should not read this author. djk

Sounds like chicken. Painful Reality

Notice that no one ever says, "Buy that brand x tube amp, it sounds as good as solid state."

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell

Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack. And so, because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process which rules out human meddling, the Doomsday machine is terrifying and simple to understand... and completely credible and convincing.

“Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.”

“The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” Leo Tolstoy

“Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude (and my mouth shut) while waiting!”

Some say that history repeats itself, does that mean that anything new in audio is just history that “we” don’t know about and that most originality in audio is only something “we” haven’t seen or heard, thus meaning that those classics, or soon to be classics, that stand the test of time are only a credit to the execution or implementation of previous ideas, not their originality? If so, what does that say about the mistakes “we” may make or the success “we” may find in our endeavors?

Kirk-McCoy-TheNod.gif

post-36163-0-11000000-1405538549_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd