My new DeanG networks…

Guest Steven1963

Sure, we naturally defend that which we've become comfortable with and settled into. Even if I didn't upgrade and build passives, I would still prefer them. The fact that I run a business is irrelevant, which is why I find comments like Chief Bonehead's and Tom's so silly.

• Klipsch Employees

Sure, we naturally defend that which we've become comfortable with and settled into. Even if I didn't upgrade and build passives, I would still prefer them. The fact that I run a business is irrelevant, which is why I find comments like Chief Bonehead's and Tom's so silly.

You can find them silly all day mr expert. It doesn't change the facts.

• Klipsch Employees

"There are two kinds of experts: academic experts and practical experts. One is no better than the other, but they are very different, and each offers very different value." -- Simon Sinek

Anyways, typical straw-man nonsense -- no one here has claimed to be an "expert", and most of my sales come from people who don't even come here.

Well then go there and spill your nonsense.

• Klipsch Employees

"There are two kinds of experts: academic experts and practical experts. One is no better than the other, but they are very different, and each offers very different value." -- Simon Sinek

Anyways, typical straw-man nonsense -- no one here has claimed to be an "expert", and most of my sales come from people who don't even come here.

Well then go there and spill your nonsense.

Has Marion gone active yet? If not, why not?

Because he doesn't want to get it? And he doesn't piss on people that do. You could learn a lesson from Marion. It's called respect and being humble. Eat a slice.

• Klipsch Employees

At some point, the bell is going to ring here and everyone will suddenly realize they are talking about art and it's enjoyment. Is realism really better than impressionism? Is gothic really more enjoyable than expressionism? No, I am not talking about the styles of music, I am talking about the music-making machinery we employ to dig sounds off media and make noise with it in our rooms.

A painter paints by his feelings, emotions and drive for expression. He doesn't paint by rules of painting (unless he is a raw beginner). Stacking gears and speaker boxes to make sound that pleases you, inspires you, satisfies you, stimulates you, is an artform. You have a bag of inputs, and you have sensors to judge the output. Just like a painter. Paint away!

There's no standard that has universal meaning, and no rules that have universal meaning. If there were, there'd be one or two units to pick from, just like the cell phone market (Android, Apple or Windows, sir?).

Painting with sound gears is a blast. There are infinite styles to choose. And hey, talking up your style is fun too. That's what a forum does. Gives you a chance to brag on your favorite style, how you got there, and why you love it. I'd bet a million dollars there's not another person here that would assemble gears the way I do, creating the sound I create. It's totally unique to me. It must be, because in all the hundreds of systems I have heard, I never heard one like I make. That's because my brain conjures bliss based on the fabric of my specific life experience - - - just like yours is based on your life experience. I'll bet the million again that if we each could choose one actual painting from the museum to hang above our mantle, we'd each go for something different. Wanna bet? ("Broadway Boogie-Woogie" - Piet Mondrain would be mine, thank you.)

We don't want this to turn into the phone business, do we? Well, I don't. I like the crazy variety of ways to make art in my living room. The tiny queues I prefer - the ones that send chills down my spine - would probably do nothing for you. Maybe, you wouldn't even notice them. Can I describe them? Well, maybe with a few hundred words, but even then, it's like explaining to a blind man the virtues of 'red' over some other color.

We can't wear each other's ears. But we can explain our preferences, and sometimes that works a little. Most artists though find it impossible to explain their art. It's meant to be experienced directly. Which means seeing, reading, hearing.

I like!!

I'm sure Marion would appreciate your assessment. I like that, "doesn't want to get it" -- I think he "gets it" just fine.

So, who have I "pissed on"? You have nothing to substantiate that -- at least, not in this thread. : )

• Klipsch Employees

I'm sure Marion would appreciate your assessment. I like that, "doesn't want to get it" -- I think he "gets it" just fine.

So, who have I "pissed on"? You have nothing to substantiate that -- at least, not in this thread. : )

No bonehead. Marion doesn't want to, get it?

At some point, the bell is going to ring here and everyone will suddenly realize they are talking about art and it's enjoyment. Is realism really better than impressionism? Is gothic really more enjoyable than expressionism?

Mark, you are an eternal optimist. A bell just rang, but it was for the 14th round.

Dave

Well I for one have absolutely no steak in this game...I do not sell crossovers and thankfully I have nothing to do with digital processing units, EQ's or active crossovers....so please tell me how my business benifits directly from this BS....I don't get it!

Again, I don't see how insulting folks adds to the credibilty of your business. You have no idea about my system, my buying habits, my insecurities, or my hearing. Care to speculate further?

Now who exactly is speculating....what the hell makes you think my business needs added credibility or that posting here would add any? I post here for strictly entertainment purposes .....show where I have mentiooned my business any where on this forum in recent history....please show me and quit speculating about things you know absolutely nothing about.

Best of luck on your business endeavors. I have no doubt that there is a market share of folks who prefer that re-builds and the design of electronic equipment is best done without resorting to electronic measurement. I guess it would take away from the "mystique". We have different views of the world. There is plenty of room for that. Again, good luck.