College Football Thread ('14-'15)

Sancho Panza

Duder, is coach gonna lose his job over it?

I don't think so, if anything I wouldn't be surprised if there were some staffing changes.  I would like to see a new defensive coordinator along with a quarter back coach.   I know Bo is hard on the kids sometimes, but for some reason I still have faith in him. 

Muschamp has already lost his job and I'm thinking his Florida will beat Fl St. next weekend!!!

There is a article on sportgrid.com, on why not to pity him yada yada.  Anyways one of the statements or lines was " So, he’ll send his resume around and end up as a defensive coordinate in the Big 10, the Pac 12, or hell, the NFC South".  I just think its funny how the first one listed was Big 10.  We we're actually joking about this yesterday, could you imagine Bo the head coach and Mushamp the defensive coordinator.  More then likely if we picked him up it probably wouldn't be under Bo. Anyway I figured your point was that Florida fired him, don't be surprised if NE fires Bo.  But your comment made me think of that.  

There seems to have been some decent games. NE pulled one over IA today in ot.

Yes, and nice comeback!

There seems to have been some decent games. NE pulled one over IA today in ot.

Yes, and nice 4th quarter comeback!

NE has put together a pretty good season, despite some bumps in the road.  Any idea where they are going bowling, Duder?

Edited by wvu80

Any idea where they are going bowing
If you mean bowling, no I don't earlier this year there were some decent potentials.  However I think that may have changed over the last couple of weeks.   The big 10 has made a shift in the polls in the last couple of weeks.  As much as I hate to say it I would at least like to see one of the big ten teams in the final four, even if that means Ohio St.   I will say this shows how NE still has problems hanging with the big boys, and hope they turn it around next year.  Tomorrow there is a press conference so we will see if any of the coaching staff is out the door. 

I agree Diz. The last thing Marshall needed was to be pitted against OSU or somebody in a playoff game. They really need to play a big team or two at the start of the season. The playoffs isn't the place for that!

I am very sad Marshall lost, but in a way relieved for the reasons I just mentioned. What a great season. I really think Doc Holiday is a great coach, and I still think Rakeem Cato is as good a QB as this state has ever produced.

I am very definitely considering a bowl game trip to wherever they end up.

I was really kinda hoping Florida State would get beat tonight. That way nobody would be undefeated. Am I selfish or what?   :)

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 3

I agree Diz. The last thing Marshall needed was to be pitted against OSU or somebody in a playoff game. They really need to play a big team or two at the start of the season. The playoffs isn't the place for that!

What??? You're supposed to be the Marshall Guy, not me! (the wife and one son did go to MU, though  B) ).

Are you telling me an undefeated Florida State vs an undefeated Marshall wouldn't have made a good game?  I think MU can score against anybody in the country.  A lot.

You keep up that kind of crazy talk and I'm bringing you a WVU comforter to throw over the center couch at that speaker ranch of yours.  :P

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I am very sad Marshall lost, but in a way relieved for the reasons I just mentioned. What a great season. I really think Doc Holiday is a great coach, and I still think Rakeem Cato is as good a QB as this state has ever produced.

I am very definitely considering a bowl game trip to wherever they end up.

I was really kinda hoping Florida State would get beat tonight. That way nobody would be undefeated. Am I selfish or what?   :)

No you're not being selfish. I was pulling for the Gators also.

As to Marshall's ability to score a lot on anybody, Auburn demonstrated that isn't enough to beat Alabama. The high scoring games between good teams are surprising. What happened to defense?