Sony E.S.

swa99a

• Moderators

It's really a matter of personal preference. I've never been impressed with the Sony ES but that's just me. The one time I heard a Sony ES was with RF-82 system. It was just underwhelming to me.

There are others on the forums that have really enjoyed the Sony ES with Klipsch. Best thing to do is try and demo them together somewhere.

Youthman's exactly right.

I don't really enjoy Sony audio products (I think they're only decent when it comes to video personally) - but it might seem fine for you. I'd recommend looking at Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Denon or Marantz if it's a simple home theater setup.

I use a Sony avr in my family room setup with VF 35 Icon speaker. It does a great job and sounds good with music and TV. I have also used it on the RF 7's. It did a good job but, it is no match for my Pioneer SC 35. The Pioneer MSRP was 4x the Sony so, not a fair comparison.

Edited by derrickdj1

Does sony es match well with klipsch

I thought it did. I have had a few of them that I ran with klipsch and they sounded great. The last one I had was a tank of an avr. Imo ES is right there with the other brands but they are a bit over priced. So the value isn't as good. If you can get a good deal on one I'm sure you will be happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a ES DA4 for years...liked it... Changed to Denon to get auto calibration... hated it.. Gave the Denon to my brother in-law...Went back to the ES....then went separates.

Take a look at Pioneer Elite. My first impression was not so good....Then I heard again with a non Bose system....Nice

I think pioneer elite and onkyo pair very well wih klipsch. I also agree with the others that Sony is better with Video than audio. Sony is a broad company making tons I different things. Onkyo and pioneer elite make audio gear. When pioneer did make t a though they were among the best there was. I'd go give an elite avr a listen. Lets not even say the word Bose ok gentlemen?

• Like 1

I've had Sony ES for years in one form or another.  With my original Klipsch THX (from the 90's), they have always sounded great.  Do other combinations sound better, sure but Sony ES has always done well for me.  Now powering various large speakers in my office that I find cheaply, refoam and listen to for awhile before moving them on.  I'm currently driving the THX system as a 2.1 channel with a little Yamaha Class A integrated amp and the same Klipsch speakers sound even better.  Still never had any complaints all these years with the other set-up.  Some days I like hot sauce on my eggs, other days I don't, they are great either way.  Same with the speakers and various amps, receivers, etc.