Here's The Pics of my New $275 Lascalas !!

DANOCASTER

OK..They'll take alittle work but for $275 they are a deal. And a wood finished spk will fit (look) better in my room. I'll soon put the AL-K network in those babies. They will immediately be driven by an Eico ST-70 but will become part of a home theatre soon enuf. Aint this fun??cwm20.gif

Here you go

front.jpg

top.jpg

crossover.jpg

------------------

Nos.gif

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

JVC JL-F50 Turn Table

Sony CDP-CA7ES CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I W/Layne Audio Woofers

KSW-15 Subs>c>

This message has been edited by NOS440 on 07-25-2002 at 05:13 PM

yeah, you'll want to tear those AA networks out of there ASAP and send them to me for proper disposal.

Do NOT attempt to listen to them, just pop them out before you even hook the LSs up. Don't forget to package them well before shipping them to me. I wouldn't want the Post Office to be hurt.

I myself hope dan keeps getting good deals because he shares is previous deal with us forum members !!!

------------------

Nos.gif

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

JVC JL-F50 Turn Table

Sony CDP-CA7ES CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I W/Layne Audio Woofers

KSW-15 Subs>c>

KEEP YOUR SHORTS ON !! THERE'S YET ANOTHER DEAL ON LASCALAS I'M WORKING ON NOW. EVERYONE IN NASHVILLE IS "UPGRADING" (?) THEIR SPEAKERS IT SEEMS. IF/WHEN IT HAPPENS I'LL POST IT, I ALREADY GOT "MY" LASCALAS!!

BUT..seriously, if anyone knows of a reasonable priced pair of cornwalls lemme know. I want them for myself.

Absolute steal!!!!

Congrats

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7's

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Velodyne V-1012-B

Spare/Back-Up: La Scalas

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

wow! a little sanding and refinishing and bam! you have got a nice set of la scalas!!!! what a steal

------------------

-justin

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

The refinishing is trivial.

HOW ARE THE DRIVERS AND X-OVERS?

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

You lucky little son of a... Smile.gif

And they should cast $3000ish new?

You got a real deal.

What about the woofers? Do they use foam, rubber, folded cloth, etc. for the surround?

I literally saw a 15" woofer blow chunks of foam around while the grills were off and the volume was up. Scared the $hit out of me, as they were not my speakers and I thought I had fubar'ed.

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Good, no refoam kits!!!

I like JBL gear, but all the vintage JBL gear was foam, and now, at JBL forums, 7/8 of the posts are about reconing and refoaming...

------------------

Personally, I am NOT a fan of foam surrounds on drivers...they never hold up for a very long time from what I have seen. The foam is much more susceptible to ultraviolet damage, and ozone damage than the other "older" technologies. They tend to harden over just a few years which leads to their demise and, at least to my way of thinking, this hardening is BOUND to cause adverse response of the cone to its input and intended excursion, thereby changing the sound of it long before those foam surrounds start to split and crack. It is bound to have some merit, but as for longetivity, it really is the pits!! Give me cloth surrounds ANY DAY!!

When I bought my Heresys, I sold my JBLs to a couple of friends(I had two pairs)...in both instances of these pairs I sold, those woofer foam surrounds didn't make it over ten years from date of manufacture before deteriorating and breaking to pieces. Pretty sad technology in my opinion!! I know for a fact that those spakers were never in direct sunlight(UV) NOR were they located in proximity to electric motors(ozone)...but were well taken care of... and never driven to extremes...it's pretty sad when a woofer surround can't take just ten years of good treatment before squatting on you!!

------------------

I can now receive private messages