Pizzed off my first neighbor !

minermark

Just got done with giving him the tour, he is a disabled Nam vet so we got along pretty good.

He stressed it was my Bass :o

OMG !! And here next week i have Amp #2 coming in and i WAS going to double it !

Friendly chap and we parted on good terms (I Think), told him feel free to come over and complain anytime :rolleyes:

No Complaints for the last five years, first week of going Active, seems im doing something right! :emotion-21::)

post-57941-0-60880000-1408814166_thumb.g

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

Was going to ask in your Amp Shopping post how far away your neighbors were when your db meter was at 106.  Good that you left on good terms.

Iv only been doing short crank ups, adjust the many knobs on the active crossover unit, and then turn it right back down,. maybe two min max.

Kind of takes the wind out of your sails for a bit.

Heading to the pub, im sure with a libation or four, i'll get my balls back today :rolleyes: 

We don't have that problem anymore since we moved to the country 14 years ago.  My neighbors are far away.  So much, that American Family Insurance would not insure our house because it can't be seen by any neighboring houses.  We have a whole new set of challenges.  Keeping bats & bees out of the house.  Opossums and coons digging in the stable, and this morning a dumb azz squirrel digging in a window well.  Where's Elmer Fudd when you need him?

Hmmmm... what levels are you guys listening to your music at?

My peak so far was 106 Db for two min.

Have not even had it half way as of yet.

wow... that's crazy...

my ear could not take that.

When it's quality, every octave tuned to perfection, you dont even notice the volume, just sounds like the band is right in front of you.

We don't have that problem anymore since we moved to the country 14 years ago.  My neighbors are far away.  So much, that American Family Insurance would not insure our house because it can't be seen by any neighboring houses.  We have a whole new set of challenges.  Keeping bats & bees out of the house.  Opossums and coons digging in the stable, and this morning a dumb azz squirrel digging in a window well.  Where's Elmer Fudd when you need him?

We are looking for our next/last retirement home in Nevada, the wife wants the outback too.

It's about time rookie.

I've had the police here twice.  Rock and Roll  !!!!!

In a way im glad they come over in person to vent, the cops never tell you who your "Gladis Cravites" is, so you never know who you pizzed off.

Im just amazed it was from four doors down, witch tells me everyone closer does not mind so much, the lady across the street is the only one who has ever said anything, and when she did, she said she "Liked" my music!

• Like 3

My closest neighbor is my father in law (250 yds?), and every in a while he'll text and ask what im watching when i have a movie cranked up. But he does the same thing when i go out back and shoot clay, asking if he can come join.

I turned him onto a pair of RF-82's last fall and he loves to jam his bluegrass and Hendrix, so he gets it. ;)

Any other neighbors are too far away, or i just don't care.

• Like 2

Hmmmm... what levels are you guys listening to your music at?

My peak so far was 106 Db for two min.

Have not even had it half way as of yet.

wow... that's crazy...

my ear could not take that.

When it's quality, every octave tuned to perfection, you dont even notice the volume, just sounds like the band is right in front of you.

You will notice it if you play it to long like that.........................tinnitus is a real issue

• Moderators
We are looking for our next/last retirement home in Nevada, the wife wants the outback too.

Great idea..................says your neighbors :D  By the time your done with you speakers the neighbors may take up a collection to help ? :lol:

You really need to get out of the subdivision and have some space, at the rate your going with audio, a lot of space, room for a landing strip would be nice also. :emotion-55:

• Like 1

the cops never tell you who your "Gladis Cravites" is

That's true.

The best party we had here was when one on my co-workers knew the police dispatcher.  Whenever there was a complaint, he'd get a text and we'd throttle down a little while.  Worked great.  When I have get togethers, it's always during the day so I really don't know what the issue is.  There's lawn mowers that are more annoying than we are but different strokes I gueess.  We always shut it down around dusk.

just sounds like the band is right in front of you
and sometimes they are … that’s when you really test your friendship with the neighbors.

Early 80s i lived a few doors down from this band … they had an open door policy, you could just walk in, no knocking required. one particular evening, the stereo was on -- no live music being played.  Not sure where in the house we all were; but, the neighbor (not on the friend list) just walked in and turned it down and walked out.