I have a confession to make

The Dude

The good news is I introduced a co worker to surround sound. I had a Harman/Kardon surround receiver I was using in the shop which was over kill.  So I sold it to him for  reasonable price. 

The bad news, when he purchased the house it all ready had, "gulp" a Bose surround sound installed.  Thats right I helped him with his Bose surround sound.  I know, I know its not what any of us would have used.  But he is not into this like we are.  The good thing is he and his daughters are enjoying this system which is something they have never experienced.  They had a big grin on their face when I left. 

Good job, that's nice of you, give him a little time THEN one day in the future invite him over and pop his bubble, nicely.

The nice thing is, he has a basement where I convinced him he could build a more movie theater like room with real speakers. 

• Like 1

did you ask him how much they dropped the price because of the bose.  I mean can you even get insurance in a house with a bose sound system? I think insurance companies believe that you’re just asking for disaster.

I had him worried enough when I told him about the stabbing in his neighbor hood not to long ago. 

• Moderators

Neighbors love boze, they never disturb them with powerful sounds or music.  

The nice thing is, he has a basement where I convinced him he could build a more movie theater like room with real speakers.

Well there is hope after all, good man.

Edited by dtel

The good thing is he and his daughters are enjoying this system which is something they have never experienced. They had a big grin on their face when I left.

That's all that matters.  If he ever asks about upgrading, you can nudge him in the right direction.

• Like 1

Well I went to help another friend of mine to "ugh" hook up another pair of Bose.  Turns out his receiver has a bad channel, so it didn't work.  He asked what my recommendation was.  I told him to buy my Cornwalls, he said that wont fix the receiver, I said I know but at least they look nicer.  I told him I wold rather just look at Klipsch speakers, then listen to Bose.  He wasn't buying it. 

• Like 1