Newbie looking to upgrade crossovers on my Reference RF-3 ii

ninjai18

He's only agreeing because I've had his networks for a year.

BTW Snarky, would you please drive down to UT and ask them where my coils are?

I have a feeling that "Snarky" is going to stick. Might as well change your Moniker now. So, I guess if you get a name from Carl, it's kind of like being knighted.

I would classify the OP as a "high maintenance customer". There is a breed of customer, that in my early years of doing this, I would bend over backwards for, now I just turn down their work and put the emails in a folder so I don't forget who they are. The customer is not always right, and I refuse to do work for people who think that just because they have money, they can treat me any way they want. After I hurt my back I got even worse -- I developed an absolute zero tolerance for any jackassery whatsoever. I thought I made a gallant attempt in this thread to stay glued together. At one point I even considered sending Snarky to the end of the line and doing the OPs work for free, and then the jackassery reared its ugly behind.

At one point I even considered sending Snarky to the end of the line and doing the OPs work for free, and then the jackassery reared its ugly behind.

I hope the snark man reads this.  That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are.  Personally I can't wait to see you two in Hope.  It will be the immovable crank versus the irresistible snark.  Good thing Mallette will also be there to record the first documented case of cold fusion in Arkansas.

He's only agreeing because I've had his networks for a year.

BTW Snarky, would you please drive down to UT and ask them where my coils are?

I have a feeling that "Snarky" is going to stick. Might as well change your Moniker now. So, I guess if you get a name from Carl, it's kind of like being knighted.

I would classify the OP as a "high maintenance customer". There is a breed of customer, that in my early years of doing this, I would bend over backwards for, now I just turn down their work and put the emails in a folder so I don't forget who they are. The customer is not always right, and I refuse to do work for people who think that just because they have money, they can treat me any way they want. After I hurt my back I got even worse -- I developed an absolute zero tolerance for any jackassery whatsoever. I thought I made a gallant attempt in this thread to stay glued together. At one point I even considered sending Snarky to the end of the line and doing the OPs work for free, and then the jackassery reared its ugly behind.

I love you too Dean. Say the word and I'll drive over to UT... seriously.

At one point I even considered sending Snarky to the end of the line and doing the OPs work for free, and then the jackassery reared its ugly behind.

I hope the snark man reads this.  That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are.  Personally I can't wait to see you two in Hope.  It will be the immovable crank versus the irresistible snark.  Good thing Mallette will also be there to record the first documented case of cold fusion in Arkansas.

Yeah I read it and I mildly chuckled. It would not be undeserved.. I certainly exhibit my share of jackassery. :P

To send you down there would be hilarious. What would be cool would be for you to go down and ask for Mark Cooper. Tell him you were sent down by The Klipsch Forum folks for an interview and a virtual factory tour. All we need now is a list of questions and permission for you to take pictures. Now, if this even sounds remotely interesting, I could ask him about it - I have to call tomorrow anyways about those coils. When he started telling me that story about PWK meeting with his Dad when he was just a kid -- I got a little choked up. Yeah, I know that sounds stupid, but it just caught me so off-guard. It helps that he tells a good story, well, he is from Texas after all.

Posted on parts express forums asking for help on wiring it up on a new board and the 4th post answered my question perfectly. Also posted the question on diyaudio and got very timely and friendly responses. Amazing all the nonsense, insults, and lectures I had to wade through on here to get any kind of answer. Sad, really.

The fourth post at Techtalk is describing how to read a schematic. I asked you if you knew how to read one, along with a lot of other questions you never bothered to answer. That post helps a little, but you've got a ways to go yet. Good luck.