College Football National Championship Semifinals

Boxx

College Football National Championship Semifinals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What four college teams will make it to the first semifinals this year.

Miss State is losing early in the 4th, but it is a one TD difference, and 24-17 will not be the final score. (now final 31-17)

A bigger question to me is, will #5 TCU or the Big 10 Champ jump over Miss State?  #6 Ohio State just lost their starting QB with a broken ankle, and I don't think you can call OSU a top 4 team without him.  OSU will play Wis in the Big 10 championship game.

I think TCU will jump Miss State either way based on resume, but I admit I am a Big 12 homer.  B)

Edited by wvu80

Only 6 left. Think the Big 12 (10) is left without a chair, barring upset in CCG(s).

C'mon, man!  :lol:

SEC might not even get ONE team in if Ala loses in their championship next week.  Ala took a physical beating today, and I would predict an emotional letdown after the GREAT Auburn game today.  In addition, the SEC took a beating today going 0-4 vis-a-vis ACC, so I think some SEC luster is gone.  In fact, I think Big-12 took a big leap today, with maybe TWO in, Baylor and TCU. 

Ohio State CANNOT be a top 4 team without the record-setting QB they had all year.  An unproven third string QB is not the starter for a top-4 team.  And frankly, I'm not sure OSU beats Wis next week.

Edited by wvu80

Only 6 left. Think the Big 12 (10) is left without a chair, barring upset in CCG(s).

C'mon, man!  :lol:

SEC might not even get ONE team in if Ala loses in their championship next week.  Ala took a physical beating today, and I would predict an emotional letdown after the GREAT Auburn game today.  In addition, the SEC took a beating today going 0-4 vis-a-vis ACC, so I think some SEC luster is gone.  In fact, I think Big-12 took a big leap today, with maybe TWO in, Baylor and TCU. 

Ohio State CANNOT be a top 4 team without the record-setting QB they had all year.  An unproven third string QB is not the starter for a top-4 team.  And frankly, I'm not sure OSU beats Wis next week.

Everything you say is true. Alabama could lose to a team that lost to the pitiful Hoosiers. OSU could lose to a team that lost to Northwestern. FSU could lose to Georgia Tech, but they would still make the playoffs. There is no way any committee can pick the 4 best teams from those left standing.

• Like 1

Unless Baylor Wins via Head to Head...

Or Baylor trounces Kansas State, Ohio State loses and Georgia Tech defeats FSU. 

Most Interesting Moderator in the World, that's actually a very astute observation, as 2 of those 3 events you propose have a very realistic chance of happening.

Edited by wvu80

Unless Baylor Wins via Head to Head...

Or Baylor trounces Kansas State, Ohio State loses and Georgia Tech defeats FSU. 

Most Interesting Moderator in the World, that's actually a very astute observation, as 2 or those 3 events you propose have a very realistic chance of happening.

Georgia Tech could be a real frustrating opponent for FSU. 

Disciplined ball control vs. a typical FSU slow start, could very much work in GT's favor....