Buyer's remorse?

K5SS

Went to Fry's to pick up another Xbox One controller and game and snagged a Harmony Ultimate. I sold my 1100 a few months ago just because it was awkward to hold. Fry's had this on sale for $299 and I picked it up.

I now sit here with a slight twinge of buyer's remorse before I have even opened it. Any feedback from you fine people out there?

imagejpg1-16.jpg

• Moderators

The only Universal Remote I have owned is the Harmony One.  It's great and has controlled every component I have purchased.  I would think the Harmony Ultimate would be a great purchase.  What is it about it that has you experiencing buyer's remorse?

900 here, largely because all of my gear is in a closet and I need the RF functionality. Without that though, it's still a very solid performer and does not seem to suffer from the persistent battery issues that plagued my 880.

The battery is the same. The 880 charger contacts need more spring tension, easy fix.

I sold my Harmony One and bought the Harmony Ultimate a few months back and absolutely love it! I can control the STB behind my screen and all of my components in my console with the doors shut. No more annoying lights while watching a movie or TV

Also now any changes I make are synced thru wireless and no hassle of plugging the remote into the PC to update. The smart app works pretty well also.

Edited by Tasdom

Noted:)

Check out Phillips Hue bulbs on YouTube. It turns out that the Harmony remote can control your house lighting, up to 50 bulbs. This would be great for those of you that are lucky enough to have a dedicated home theater room.

900 here, largely because all of my gear is in a closet and I need the RF functionality. Without that though, it's still a very solid performer and does not seem to suffer from the persistent battery issues that plagued my 880.

The battery is the same. The 880 charger contacts need more spring tension, easy fix.

interesting, never really paid attention to that. However, I was referring to the 3 replacement batteries that all swelled to the point of raising the battery compartment cover. 2 friends of mine had the same issue and it's a well documented issue online.

I've had the 900 for a couple years now and haven't had a single issue with charging or battery safety.

Noted:)

Check out Phillips Hue bulbs on YouTube. It turns out that the Harmony remote can control your house lighting, up to 50 bulbs. This would be great for those of you that are lucky enough to have a dedicated home theater room.

I looked at those when i got my remote. Pretty cool but way over priced imo. I think the apple store had the best price if you consider getting some

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the Philips Hue Starter kit and Philips Tap are waiting on my doorstep for me when I get home.

Some of you with dedicated home theaters could really benefit with one touch lighting controls. I will try to make a decent video when I get it all synced up, might be the weekend though.