This Makes Me Mad

Ceptorman

I had a retired school bus driver I hardly knew say something profound to me. "Kids are the meanest people."

I have shared that statement many times with my kids over the years so they would know of that perception. Being mean is a choice. If any of my sons would have witnessed that, there would have been blood shed.

• Like 4

I'm of the mind that some lack of parenting and love creates these lovely perpatrators, I'll probably get flamed for this but what these perps lack should have been instilled in them from an early age. I understand peer pressure but I highly doubt all the sudden at 16-17 years old a mean streak sets in! Seems everything stems from one word "Responsibility" I've always felt if we teach based on that word all others (Honor, Integrity, compassion, etc.) will fall into place.

• Like 2

I'm of the mind that some lack of parenting and love creates these lovely perpatrators, I'll probably get flamed for this but what these perps lack should have been instilled in them from an early age. I understand peer pressure but I highly doubt all the sudden at 16-17 years old a mean streak sets in! Seems everything stems from one word "Responsibility" I've always felt if we teach based on that word all others (Honor, Integrity, compassion, etc.) will fall into place.

Well said....

Too many time outs and not enough azz whoopin.  Maybe no parental discipline at all.

• Like 2

My 12 year old son is Autistic and mentally 2.5 years old.

I hope they nail the bastards!

When my daughter was a baby, we took her to put-in-bay. It was very hot and my daughter was hot and hungry so she was crying at the restaurant while we were waiting for food. A group of college kids were about 20 feet away and one of the males in a group of about 8 said very loudly "Can't you shut that brat up?" I got up and walked over to him and told him that when I was younger, I went to jail because I didn't care about anything or anyone, not even if I lived or died. I said "My daughter is the first thing in my life that I care for more than myself, and if you think I will hesitate going to prison to defend her you are dead wrong" Some other people clapped, the kid didn't say a thing. 

Roger

• Like 3

There has been a spate of really disturbing youth violence videos of late.  Have we Americans devolved so much that the lines of good vs bad are this blurred?  Just looking at this Ferguson mess was have the federal gov't once again putting its influence behind a youngster whose actions appear to be clearly illegal and violent.  The message that conveys is not good.  There's a video this morning of a gang related machete attack in Chicago.  I just cannot imagine such a thing.  What has happened to our civility compass?

There has been a spate of really disturbing youth violence videos of late.  Have we Americans devolved so much that the lines of good vs bad are this blurred?  Just looking at this Ferguson mess was have the federal gov't once again putting its influence behind a youngster whose actions appear to be clearly illegal and violent.  The message that conveys is not good.  There's a video this morning of a gang related machete attack in Chicago.  I just cannot imagine such a thing.  What has happened to our civility compass?

I think a lot of the problem is the breakdown of the family structure, there's just no threat of discipline anymore. 

Many youngsters just want to be a gangster.

"youngster whose actions appear to be clearly illegal and violent."

I don't understand this statement - a youngster who stopped running and put his hands up and then gets shot 6 times (twice in the head) I feel the policeman who shot him appears to be clearly illegal and violent. I'm not saying the youngster was an angel but he clearly didn't deserve what he got.