For the RF people

dtel

reference_head, on 18 Sept 2014 - 5:58 PM, said:

So they make the RS here also? 

I don't know, at one point some models definitely were, those pics were from 2010. I know the pro, cinema and heritage are made in Hope, and I think the Palladium ?

We have been there probably 6 times and with the plant working only a couple, once to pick up some Cornwall lll's we won and I was a little distracted that day. :wub:

Most of the trips were for the Pilgramages, it's a really cool place to visit, just to see how everything is done, and the museums. 

Wow you won some cornwalls! 

• Moderators
Synergy is a very good bang for the buck. in fact, in a closet, i have F3, S3, C3, and KSW-12 bought many years ago.

They really are and they sounded really good, then we added on and mad a much bigger living room and they just didn't sound the same in that room. 

It's free to hang on to them so it's only hurting your storage space, they won't go bad.

If I was good at woodworking or veneer, I would try to match the RS-7's with the more common/original RF/RC/RSW cherry.  Wish you could swap out the top and bottom boards easily.  I bet some talented cabinet/wood workers have.

• Moderators
reference_head, on 18 Sept 2014 - 6:20 PM, said:reference_head, on 18 Sept 2014 - 6:20 PM, said:reference_head, on 18 Sept 2014 - 6:20 PM, said: Wow you won some cornwalls!

YES our first pilgrimage, I was just setting there minding my own business listening to the band and they stopped playing to make a drawing, the first drawing a while earlier was won by Daddy Dee, he won a pair of RF-7's, a few minuets later they stopped again and picked my name for the last drawing, I was hoping for a klipsch T shirt.

I almost fell off my chair, when trey said I won a pair of Cornwall lll's and I could pick from Walnut, black of Cherry I think it was , they weren't made yet. They said I looked like I was having a heart attack, I don't know I was just in shock. It really took a little while to realize what really happened, you never expect to win something like that.

We drove back up to Hope to get them, I didn't want them to ship, and we got to visit he plant again and meet some more people. When we went to the plant to talk to them about the wood I asked if it was possible that whoever worked on them would sign the back to give some credit for the work they do. They didn't want to do that to the speaker, so they took pic's of them being built and had everyone sign a certificate who worked on them and gave me a CD with the pic's of them being built. It was way more than I expected, it was just an idea as to show I appreciated the work they do. When I think about it or even see the speakers I think about the whole thing, I don't care what happens I will never get rid of them. Oh they sound great and look beautiful.   

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

• Moderators

You don't see the RF 7 Classic come up often.  Those are collectors items since they had a short production run and look great.  I am thankful and proud that I have a couple of those RF 7 boxes, lol.

I didn't realize the Classic's were the darker color, you have those, if so you are lucky, very nice.

• Moderators
akdave, on 18 Sept 2014 - 7:33 PM, said:akdave, on 18 Sept 2014 - 7:33 PM, said:akdave, on 18 Sept 2014 - 7:33 PM, said:

I like that dark cherry a lot - maybe they didn't like the contrast with the copper cones.  Too bad... 

Thanks for posting the pics!

I really like that color also.

oldenough, on 18 Sept 2014 - 7:36 PM, said:oldenough, on 18 Sept 2014 - 7:36 PM, said:oldenough, on 18 Sept 2014 - 7:36 PM, said:

Weren't the RF5 also made in Hope?

I have no idea ?

tnr, on 18 Sept 2014 - 7:39 PM, said:tnr, on 18 Sept 2014 - 7:39 PM, said:tnr, on 18 Sept 2014 - 7:39 PM, said:

Wow!!  I missed that in your earlier post.  Huge congrats to both you and Daddy Dee!  When was that?  Do they still do the raffles?  Where are the pics of those Cornwall's?

It was in 2006, all Pilgramages were kind of different, the last couple of times they tried to have it hardly anyone said they would go so it never happened.  :(  It was really nice, they had a few bands, food a place where people could bring equipment to play and tours of the plant and lab, plus listening rooms, always well done.

This is the pics klipsch gave me of the Cornwalls. A form member put them on a site where they can bee seen, Thanks CJ.

http://www.cyclonecj.com/dtel/DtelCorns-ori/index.html

There is some band pic's I took of one of the pilgrimages in Hope 2011. it's listed under hope 2011. The dude in the yellow shirt and glasses is Trey Cannon, an engineer, he is the guy who always put these pilgrimages together. Thank You Trey for almost killing yourself making this happen. 

http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/dtel2/library/Hope%202011?sort=3&page=1

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

This is the pics klipsch gave me of the Cornwalls. A form member put them on a site where they can bee seen, Thanks CJ. http://www.cyclonecj...-ori/index.html

Outstanding!!   :)  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21: That sure does blow away a couple sigs.  I am wanting to hear a pair of Cornwall's more than ever now.  A 1975 original pair came up today for $675, but I am in no position to do anything now.  Thanks for sharing!

• Moderators

No problem your welcome, I put these because there are a lot of new people and didn't know if they had seen any pic's of speakers being built. I thought the HT section was best because most of the regulars here own Reference models and many new people here start in the theater section.

• Moderators
tnr, on 18 Sept 2014 - 9:29 PM, said:tnr, on 18 Sept 2014 - 9:29 PM, said: So are we splitting the shipping, or is it all on me?

?

They look great, the grain goes up one side and across the top and down the other side, and if you push them together the top grain is almost like one piece, really good work.

Edited by dtel