All you Pink Floyd fans . . .

mustang guy

As for Gilmour, I think fans of the band were drawn into taking sides - which one was better, which one was at fault, and so forth. Both were great in their own way, and I don't think there's any question that they would have been even better together than apart. Just as there's no substitute for Roger, there's no substitute for Gilmour either. Both still did great work apart, and did pretty well filling the "hole" left by the other's absence - a testament to how good each was. Roger was the better writer, Dave the better musician in performance. It was a reunion everyone would have loved to see. We all still wonder what could have been.
 I argue with some musicians friends often about stuff like this…I claim that writing is the greater talent. My friend, playing bass about 40 years, says performing is the greater talent. his reasoning is that writing/recording is done in a controlled environment, so being able to adapt during a performance takes more talent. I started quite an argument on this forum a few years back by claiming that Snowy White (playing with Roger Waters) was as good of a guitarist as David Gilmour. David may write music better than Snowy; but, as far as performing, Snowy is incredibly talented and very underrated.

i thought i’d slept for 4 months

it's quite the time altering event.  I was calling friends at 3 in the morning thinking it was the middle of the afternoon.

it may have been “afternoon” somewhere.  i fell asleep with the tv on. woke up and some sports show was replaying a world series game. I jumped up knowing i’d fell asleep in June and the world series is in october … it only got worse from there. Stuff killed my stomach and i couldn’t eat for days…friends took all my money and my truck (they were frying too)…not a good day.

we can laugh about it now; but, how stupid…back in my military days on the boat, red lights at night for vision reasons…shipmate had the top rack and i could see his silhouette and the red light behind him…looked like he was on fire.  I lay there in my rack and thought, “oh man, he’s on fire…that must suck.”  Thank God it was only my distorted imagination.  But still more believable than my other shipmate who puked all over the floor and tried to get out cleaning up his mess by trying to convince us that someone came into the berthing area in the middle of the night and started throwing slices of pizza.  

That's how I felt with mesq when I did it. It was 1 tab of double barrel purple,and I was told it's an 8 hour trip, but mine was more like 20 hours. I was in school by 8 and went a full day,then went to work at the diner I worked at until 11 that night and couldn't get to sleep until 4 in the morning. Never did it again after that. Never did shrooms always told it would make you sick and vomit the 1st 2 times you took em.

I can remember walking on the tiles in school which were black and white square tiles and walking on the black only as the white were hundreds of feet below the black ones. I'd never tell my kids about it if they asked what drugs I did if any as they got older, but would tell them at the appropriate time I smoked pot.

Never did shrooms always told it would make you sick and vomit the 1st 2 times you took em.

I never got sick nor did any of my trip mates.  We boiled everything pretty hard to kill bacteria and mixed the shroom water with kool aid.  Biggest issue was not knowing how much to drink so you kept drinking till you felt something and by then it was too late.

Still haven't figured out why I did it the second time.

• Like 2

That's how I felt with mesq when I did it. It was 1 tab of double barrel purple,and I was told it's an 8 hour trip, but mine was more like 20 hours. I was in school by 8 and went a full day,then went to work at the diner I worked at until 11 that night and couldn't get to sleep until 4 in the morning. Never did it again after that. Never did shrooms always told it would make you sick and vomit the 1st 2 times you took em.

purple barrel acid is what i took on the way to the airport…shrooms didn’t always make me sick to my stomach; but, it sure did that one time (after I’d came down). I’ve heard that upset stomach is common though--plus it probably depends on how much you take too.

Never did shrooms always told it would make you sick and vomit the 1st 2 times you took em.

I never got sick nor did any of my trip mates.  We boiled everything pretty hard to kill bacteria and mixed the shroom water with kool aid.  Biggest issue was not knowing how much to drink so you kept drinking till you felt something and by then it was too late.

Still haven't figured out why I did it the second time.

Trip mates…..haha!