All you Pink Floyd fans . . .

mustang guy

• Moderators
eth2, on 13 Nov 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:eth2, on 13 Nov 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

I think one must be in an altered state to fully comprehend Floyd's music. Since I do not, am not and will not, I guess I need to stick to jazz.

I thought you were married. :o  :D

Ok never mind, but I have been in an altered state at times and still could not "fully comprehend" PF. :wacko:    

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

I think one must be in an altered state to fully comprehend Floyd's music. Since I do not, am not and will not, I guess I need to stick to jazz.

You are over-thinking it... there is not much to comprehend.  It is up to us, the spectators, to fill in the blanks.

Got it last night, its good but not great .

That's what most reviewers are writing about it and what I'd expect from it. I'll be getting me one anyway to enjoy and add to my PF collection.

What is your favorite disc so far in your collection?

I have all PF's releases, a few remasters of DSOTM, some of their later individual works, and some PF music done by others. Forty two total CD, and two DVD; one titled DSOTM and the other Live At Pompeii, which if you've not seen, I recommend. All those and the DSOTH CD is still my favorite of PF.

I play it through two Klipschorns fronts, plus two Chorus II rears, and two large stereo subwoofers and it sounds good. It's actually not the best sounding CD in my vast collection of CD, especially compared to some of my jazz, but it sure is fun to listen to with all those speakers in their good size room.

I bought both the vinyl and the deluxe cd/dvd package. I listened to the cd last night and was mildly disappointed that it didn't sound much like the Division Bell album. It did sound like a tribute to the late Richard Wright, which is OK by me. I'll be playing the LP and dvd soon. BTW, no skips in my cd.

I have all PF's releases, a few remasters of DSOTM, some of their later individual works

Do they not have any Blu Ray releases?

Wonder if the analog mixing master exists.  It would AWESOME to hear a surround remix.  Due to all the phase differentials from the mixing, the vinyl is extraordinary with DynaQuad. 

Dave

• 1 month later...

I got this as a gift by my wife for Christmas, I got around to listening to it today and was completely mesmerized, astounding that a band nearly 50 years old, only 2 members left in their 60's and have not made an album in 20 years can sound so good. I know the story behind the album, its a great tribute. I listened to it three times today on both of my rigs and am sure I will listen to it tomorrow. I went on Amazon and ordered every album of theirs that I don't have. I really don't care about this Waters Gilmour controversy, I still like the new stuff without Waters and glad that they did not call it quits when he left. Anyway a great album, nice and relaxing.

She should have been booted from this country over 4 decades ago.  I guess the urinal targets are still available

a207920129dba8b7f09c58_m.jpg

So agree with me or I pee on thee? Hey that's a concept to build a nation upon, a proud and free society just so long as no one disagrees with you? You are so lucky to live where you do and you seem to have no idea. Never mind you are entitled even if you do not get it. Best regards Moray James.

I have no idea? I think you have no idea how your beloved Jane chummed it up with the enemy while our POW's were being tortured just down the road from her.  She said it was all BS and all the POW's were liars and such.  Our servicemen didn't ask for that war, but they were there and continue to be when we need them. 

For future sake Moray, wear something sexy if you're going to talk.

I think we need to make a "todays" version of this with Obama, Holder,Hillary, Sharpton, Jackson, and the rest of the Obama administration for what they have done to this country. I have never served in the military, and would never ever dis-reguard anything they have done. I have my kids walk up and thank them for what they do as well as the police and we show them respect for doing what they have done. It's very easy for anyone here that has not served to give our opinion on what is going on with servicemen/women unless we are in their shoes. Obama is a disgrace to the office and for him not to go to,or have any of his administration go to funeral services for fallen military like prior presidents,but to send 3 delegates to a thugs memorial is a total disgrace. I do not ride either side of the political fence and don't declare myself either party, but I do believe this idiot in office could have been the president that brought this country back together,but has done nothing but put his other Liberal Left Winged Agree with our thought process or you're a racist into power to drag this country down.And I must now also add the mayor of NYC. What a friggen joke. I support the police turning their backs on him as well. Obamaism should be a new religion as with any religion,if you don't believe in their belief you are wrong and condemned to hell. Rant done.

• Like 1