Want to get Spotify on my Oppo 103

jimjimbo

I run Spotify from my PC to the Oppo.

Please let me know how to accomplish that.

I have a Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 8.1 with the Spotify app.  Can I send it wirelessly to my Cambridge Audio 751BD with the PC controlling it?  The 751BD is network capable(Youtube, Picassa, DNLA) but does not come with any other installed apps nor is capable of installing any additional apps.

Or, should I just get a Roku stick and plug it into my Samasung SMART TV?

Jim, sorry to crash your thread but I did not want to post a separate thread for a question so similar.

Bill

Edited by willland

I run Spotify from my PC to the Oppo.

Please let me know how to accomplish that.

I have a Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 8.1 with the Spotify app.  Can I send it wirelessly to my Cambridge Audio 751BD with the PC controlling it?  The 751BD is network capable(Youtube, Picassa, DNLA) but does not come with any other installed apps not is capable of installing any additional apps.

Or, should I just get a Roku stick and plug it into my Samasung SMART TV?

Jim, sorry to crash your thread but I did not want to post a separate thread for a question so similar.

Bill

He has the bdp-105 which can be used as a usb dac. The bdp-103 and earlier models do not support that functionality.

My PC sits in the same console as the Oppo. It's connected to the Oppo both via optical and to the Oppo's USB DAC. The Oppo is connected direct to the mini-x amp which then feeds the Belles thru the dedicated stereo outs. I can switch between those 2 inputs for 2 channel listening. Using USB, the Oppo (105) is basically the "sound card" for the PC. I just have to change "playback devices" in the PC settings depending on which feed I want to use.

The Oppo is also connected to my processor via HDMI and with the multi-channel analog outs. I can switch between these 2 for multi channel listening.

I'm not familiar with the earlier Oppos so ymmv.

Edited by Tasdom

My PC sits in the same console as the Oppo. It's connected to the Oppo both via optical and to the Oppo's USB DAC. The Oppo is connected direct to the mini-x amp which then feeds the Belles thru the dedicated stereo outs. I can switch between those 2 inputs for 2 channel listening. Using USB, the Oppo (105) is basically the "sound card" for the PC. I just have to change "playback devices" in the PC settings depending on which feed I want to use.  

Gotcha.  I was hoping to send it wirelessly to my 751BD.  I did not think it was possible but was hoping for a "workaround".

I have my Dell hooked up via USB/optical converter to Onkyo HT-R500 receiver for PC audio at my desk.  I stream Pandora, Spotify, and XBox Music quite often at my desk.

Bill 

Edited by willland

Is there a way to stream from a tablet to the Oppo? 

Meaning, I use a tablet to find video and music on the internet and stream this to a wireless receiver/adapter of some sort that plugs in to the Oppo? 

The solutions listed seem to need  a separate PC hooked to the oppo.

I use apple TV but I just repossessed my Mac Mini from my daughter and with Spotify's new ability to connect to computer I will try that.

If you download this to your computer http://remoteless.no/spotify/index.html

and download this app to your iPad 

https://appsto.re/us/IDfev.i  (3.00 IIRC)

from your iPad, you can access, control and view Spotify on your monitor and play thru a connected device on your PC thru your wireless network

Edited by Tasdom
  • Like 1

Apple TV is the only way I can think of achieving that. Basically use you iPad for AirPlay functionality and/or remote control of the device and then output over hdmi into the Oppo to take advantage of its up scaling and processing before outputting to your avr/tv

My god, Apple, ipod, airplay...   I don't think I can stomach that.

• Like 1