Flea has been jacked on CL!

ZEUS121996

For 2k?

I believe he had lowered the price on the forum for a 'forum discount' from what he was trying to sell for on CL plus Ann Arbor, MI is a short drive of 50 miles or so from Perrysburg, OH.

Edited by Fjd

I appreciate the concern guys, but that was my ad.     Ann Arbor is one hour from me and has a higher audiophile density than Toledo.  I originally listed the khorns at $2K and got TWO offers for $1500.  I didn't accept them at the time as I was holding out for a bit more.  So, I tried reverse psychology and posted them again at $2K .  Why not, couldn't hurt anything.  Perhaps get another lowball offer at my Klipsch forum asking price.  Anyway, thanks for reporting me to CL.

You guys are hilarious.  Anyone who has spoken to me, or knows me, hopefully knows I don't take this audio stuff all that seriously.  It's a hobby.  Thanks for scolding me in the e-mail Mark.  It was my intent to offer the Khorns to forum members for $1500.  The Craigslist "lowballers" were beating me up something fierce, so I decided to play their game and list them for what most Khorns get listed at.  Then, a lowball offer wouldn't be a lowball offer.  That was my logic, until I got reported to the Craigslist police.   Things seem to be tough over here, close to Detroit.

In 23 years of being in this hobby, I've never had a more "weird" attempted sale of a piece of audio gear.  I listened to my wife and decided to keep the Khorns.  They sound superb and they aren't worth "giving away".   

• Like 4

This whole thing is hysterical. The forum members were only looking out for you. They're beautiful speakers. CL is full of scams. Especially in the big cities. I live in NYC, and CL is virtually unusable here. Everything I respond to is a scam. Anything I list for sale they try to get me to send a check to Nigeria lol.

If you decide to list your beautiful khorns again you should try some different sites if a forum member here isn't interested. I've always done very well on audiogon. US Audiomart seems to be the new best thing, since there's no fees. There's lots of other audio forums with free classifieds sections too. Best of luck