Dough for Joe - Gear for Cheer

opusk2k9

• Moderators

I have bumped it several times in the recent days, trying to make sure it doesn't get lost in shuffle.

If that earns me my first warning point for it, so be it.

That's it Mr.  7 days with no Klipsch!  And if you keep that attitude up, it'll be after Christmas before you get to listen to them again.  :P

I think you are doing a noble thing sir. 

Do you guys ever look under recent post on the community index page. If you do it shows the last person to post or bump a thread so I don't care what Brandon says. I know what I have been seeing for the last few days and I saw it again just before I posted. By the way since I typed Joe first that meant I was speaking to Joe. I believe he knows what I meant by my statement.

• Moderators
Do you guys ever look under recent post on the community index page.

No, I actually don't....which is why I was asking how you knew Joe bumped the thread.  As I stated before, I wasn't aware that the forums stated who bumped a thread.  Might be better to have addressed Joe via PM instead of calling him out in the open forum.  Just a thought.

That's it Mr. 7 days with no Klipsch! And if you keep that attitude up, it'll be after Christmas before you get to listen to them again. :P

Having to watch a movie with the tinny little speakers in the TV, now that would be a punishment!

As far as I can tell, Joe has never bumped this thread.  He has responded with appreciation and gratitude.

He never asked for help, but that shouldn't stop us.  He was even resistant to accepting the help. 

Everyone goes through hard times, it is great that Joe has so many friends willing to chip in. 

If it makes people feel better, I will post "bump" each time, so that you know it was me.

However, I have a feeling that I might get a little help now in keeping this post near the top of the list. :)

Do you guys ever look under recent post on the community index page. If you do it shows the last person to post or bump a thread so I don't care what Brandon says. I know what I have been seeing for the last few days and I saw it again just before I posted. By the way since I typed Joe first that meant I was speaking to Joe. I believe he knows what I meant by my statement.

I call bullshit.When I bumped the thread it showed Joe as the last poster. When I bump it now, it shows Youthman.

Do you guys ever look under recent post on the community index page.

No, I actually don't....which is why I was asking how you knew Joe bumped the thread. 

Next time you post go there to the thread and you will see by Youthman. That's how I knew !

Post being the operative word.

• Moderators

I just checked the forum myself.  It said Davis was the most recent poster.  Then I hit "Bump this Thread" and it said mungkiman was the recent poster.  I hit refresh several times and it never once said Youthman, even though I was the one who bumped it.  I could be wrong but as I mentioned before, I'm not aware that the forum reflects who bumps a thread.  I'm just trying to give Joe the benefit of the doubt here.

Do you guys ever look under recent post on the community index page. If you do it shows the last person to post or bump a thread so I don't care what Brandon says.

I just bumped the "AUDIO HANGOVER" post and it still listed the last person that typed a response in the thread, not me in the community index, wvu80

Joe was the last person to type a response, so when I bumped it, his name remained. 

Frankly, I think you owe Joe an apology.

I make it a point to PM a person when I want to say something privately and not make someone feel bad.  

Seems Joe has expressed his gratitude on this thread more then once.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

At the top of every thread is a "bump this topic" button that bumps the thread without requiring an additional post or indicating who used the bump button. It is not safe to assume that the last person listed as a poster of any given thread is the person who bumped it, especially when the last post is several days old.

• Like 2

I don't know if Joe bumped the thread or not. I have bumped the thread several times and I do not see my name anywhere.  I doubt that Joe bumped the thread. Thanks to everyone who helped Joe. He has been so responsible in thanking you all. He will eventually get back on his feet and I have no doubt repay your kindness forward.

Edited by eth2
  • Like 2

Sorry  to see this has taken a turn, Davis you are wrong I have not bumped the thread in fact I secretly hoped it would die. No dis-respect to anyone here and It is not my intention to look gift horses in the mouth, I truly appreciate everything you all have done to help me and my family

I hate to say this but Davis you are a prime example of why I am the way I am, I dont ask for help because I do have some pride and it bothers me to have people like you looking down your nose at me with some thought that you are some how superior

I will not get any further negative on this what I consider to be the greatest example of kindness I personally have witnessed in my life, I grew up in less than good situations and have been hard headed and fought my whole life to rise above all that, My injury has taken alot from me and my family and I have had to swallow my pride to feed my boys. 

To all those that have shown us kindness you will forever be in our thoughts, Nothing I can say will ever express the true gratitude I / we feel

Davis if you have further comment I would appreciate it be dealt with via email or pm

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 7

Joe,

It has not taken a turn. Speaking for myself, you have given me invaluable advice and friendship. We all have had times when we needed some support.  We all wish we could do more to make this time in your life move faster.

We also know, "there but for the grace of god go I." Any of us could get hurt in an instant. For example, my neighbor who is 58 years old and was in perfect health (so he thought) had a massive stroke while jogging. He is a prisoner in his body and can only communicate through blinking his eyes. He recently let it be known that he wishes the feeding tube to be removed. We have all provided all the support to his family in terms of staying up with him, listening, giving whatever counsel we could. I guess what I am trying to say is that at some point, your situation will resolve itself unlike my neighbor. At that point I have no doubt that you will do what you can to help others temporarily stalled.  

Edited by eth2
  • Like 3

When sending a message meant for one person alone,  Maybe it would be best to send a PM.

Open letter to those that feel more generous.

I would expect that although a 1 time donation is Great, There may be a need for more help to keep Joe afloat until he gets his feet on solid ground.  I know Joe will not ask for himself.  But he may need additional help until he can again provide for his family.

I'm disabled myself for 1.5 years.  I had someone help me through the worst financial times and now feel pretty solid.  Not going hungry, and not in danger of loosing my home.  I never asked for help from anyone, and it is Humbling when someone comes out and helps me get back on my feet.  

john

Edited by Taz
  • Like 3