Fix Pioneer Elite M90 or get new Emotiva Amplifiers

jarrod2750

You cant get this for 800 bucks like the Emo, but for under $1600 its going to be very quiet, have twice the capacitance, huge dual Toroidal PS's, A truly balanced design  and a 30 day trial as well. This thing will stomp a hole in most of the 5 channel boutique amps out there and sound awesome doing it.  I would take one of these over any Parasound or several other of the popular brands out there. Oh, and its not made in China or assembled in China or anything like that.  Built in the USA and even the Power supplies are built stateside as well.

outlaw7500-svet2.jpg

Bingo. Its practically identical to the ATI, but does bench identical.  Its built at ATI  with  ATI's house built Power supplies as well. 

And I will will be darned if they are not having a black friday sale right now. Where is there more amp for the money that doesn't cut corners ?

Model 7500  5 x 200 Watt Balanced Pwr Amplifier SAVE $230 w/Free GND Ship! $1449.00 Model 7700  7 x 200 Watt Balanced Pwr Amplifier SAVE $392 w/Free GND Ship! $1849.00  Model 7900  7 x 300 Watt Balanced Pwr Amplifier SAVE $1000 w/Free GND Ship! $2629.00

Edited by Max2

post-2553-0-67900000-1416928954_thumb.jpCan't the gain of an Emotiva amp be turned down with a little hot rodding?

In short, the answer is yes.

I purchased an all-Emo setup about a year ago and have been very pleased with it. The UPA-500 was purchased with the idea of eventually running my Klipschorns 2-way with an active crossover which does not have a global volume control. The 5th channel would power my passive 3-way center channel Belle. I had RCI Custom Products engrave and punch the panel. The knobs are from Kilo International. Behind the rack panel is an attached chassis with RCA connectors on the rear panel. Since I do a lot of acoustical testing, I added two auxiliary inputs on the front panel. 

Lee

Problem is NOBODY needs 200 watts per with klipsch speakers!!!

You're painting with a broad brush there Jeff.  Headroom is never a bad thing.  Transient spikes will eat up amp power in a heartbeat.  Distance from the speakers needs to be factored in as well.  I'd rather have too much than not enough.

You're painting with a broad brush there Jeff.  Headroom is never a bad thing.  Transient spikes will eat up amp power in a heartbeat.  Distance from the speakers needs to be factored in as well.  I'd rather have too much than not enough.

That was for affect, did it work? :D

Affect: to have an influence on someone or something, or to cause a change in someone or something: Both buildings were badly affected by the fire. The divorce affected every aspect of her life.

I wanted to affect the reaction of those reading my post. :P

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 1

That was for affect, did it work? :D

Yes, I always pick the low hanging fruit.

Affect: to have an influence on someone or something, or to cause a change in someone or something: Both buildings were badly affected by the fire. The divorce affected every aspect of her life.

I wanted to affect the reaction of those reading my post. :P

Yes,  you did affect something, but the end result is an effect. One is a verb, the other a noun.

Ok, I am done here, lol.....

• Like 1

Exactly! Quality over quantity with any speaker, but certainly with high efficiency designs.

Shakey

I would agree with this statement, as 200 is usually way overkill when most of us don't even use 1 watt for 90% of our listening.  However, these amps are so quiet and clean you are basically just picking up free headroom without the fallout of a higher noise and THD associated with higher powered amps. It is a win, win with these amps IMO, especially for all Klipsch towers.

Check out the THD.  Great numbers down very low in the 1-3 watt range (.005% ish), 5 watts it drops roughly .002% and drops even further in the .001% range once it hits 25 watts.  How about 100 watts at .0015% anyone?

klasd.jpg

Check out the THD.  Great numbers down very low in the 1-3 watt range (.005% ish), 5 watts it drops roughly .002% and drops even further in the .001% range once it hits 25 watts.  How about 100 watts at .0015% anyone?

Doesn't matter to me in the least. I listen to music, not test tones. If you can tell the difference between 0.5% and 0.0015% distortion, you are a bat and probably can't afford a high end stereo system.....

• Like 2