Visit with Carl (CECAA850) in Beaumont Texas.

JL Sargent

Jeff's visits the Saturday after Thanksgiving are becoming somewhat of a tradition.  One that I enjoy greatly I might add, not that I really need an excuse to drink and listen to music though!!!!  Jeff also got to listen to the new system in bedroom 3 with the Cornscalas and tube amp.  It's not quite done yet but it's certainly listenable.  Nothing else has changed much since his last visit audio wise. 

The dual driver sub should be finished in a week or two and I'll post some pictures after it gets prettied up.  It'll end up being a Christmas present for my son.

Jeff, I'm glad the Mrs liked the wine and that she let you out to play for the day.  I appreciate the olives also.

As for you other forum members out there, you have a standing invite to stop on by!

• Like 1

I know, cant wait. I'll be down there next week for family business and will get the rest of stuff. I like to hear it will be fun, cant help but get excited! Cant wait to hear a IB sub, never had the pleasure of hearing one yet. I hope that doesnt "dwarf" the one your building for me! But thats OK if it does. The wife would never allow me to install IB system so it will remain on the wish list for a while!

I'll let you know when I head that way.  

• Like 1

I would think Carl's set up would sound awesome with a little deep pipe organ music, I would think no normal sub could compare, I may be better off not hearing it. :(

are you suggesting pipes were involved in this get together?  not to say that carl would allow such a thing, or ever has…i do not know.  It is Texas (and i don’t know if that has any bearing on this either) … perhaps if i had a pipe now i’d make more sense; but, thanks for listening.

• Like 2

The Infinitely Baffled folks are into SQ first and foremost.  Hitting 110 db at 10 Hz is not an easy task in that large room and kudos to Carl.  Hitting 110 db at 10 HZ is a large task in a small room, lol.

It's just like anything else.  Headroom is a good thing.

• Like 1

• Moderators
BigStewMan, on 02 Dec 2014 - 9:19 PM, said:

dtel, on 02 Dec 2014 - 7:35 PM, said:

I would think Carl's set up would sound awesome with a little deep pipe organ music, I would think no normal sub could compare, I may be better off not hearing it. :(

are you suggesting pipes were involved in this get together?  not to say that carl would allow such a thing, or ever has…i do not know.  It is Texas (and i don’t know if that has any bearing on this either) … perhaps if i had a pipe now i’d make more sense; but, thanks for listening.

Anything can happen in Texas, you never know ?

• Like 1

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 02 Dec 2014 - 9:35 PM, said:

derrickdj1, on 02 Dec 2014 - 8:14 PM, said:

The Infinitely Baffled folks are into SQ first and foremost.  Hitting 110 db at 10 Hz is not an easy task in that large room and kudos to Carl.  Hitting 110 db at 10 HZ is a large task in a small room, lol.

It's just like anything else.  Headroom is a good thing.

It sure is a good thing, anything around 110 db and 10 Hz is amazing, it's not something easily reached and with quality, pretty amazing really.

I would think a move with some good sound effects could on an unsuspecting guest, possibly ruin some underwear. :o  :(  :mellow:   

• Like 1