Visit with Carl (CECAA850) in Beaumont Texas.

JL Sargent

Hell, dtell...if your house isn't pretty sturdy you can't reach 10hz in SAFETY with or without headroom. 

Dave

The one and only time I did that was shortly after I built the IB.  My wife feared for the house.  The windows in the back of the house were flexing a good quarter inch.  Any interior door that was closed shook violently like someone was on the opposite side trying to get in.  It even turned the blades on the ceiling fans in the kitchen.  No, I'm not exaggerating in the least.  It also did 120dB @20Hz.  This was all measured at the main listening position which is about 14' from the drivers.  I won't do it again. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 03 Dec 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:CECAA850, on 03 Dec 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

Mallette, on 03 Dec 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:Mallette, on 03 Dec 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

Hell, dtell...if your house isn't pretty sturdy you can't reach 10hz in SAFETY with or without headroom. 

Dave

The one and only time I did that was shortly after I built the IB.  My wife feared for the house.  The windows in the back of the house were flexing a good quarter inch.  Any interior door that was closed shook violently like someone was on the opposite side trying to get in.  It even turned the blades on the ceiling fans in the kitchen.  No, I'm not exaggerating in the least.  It also did 120dB @20Hz.  This was all measured at the main listening position which is about 14' from the drivers.  I won't do it again. 

You have to say that's funny, I was laughing when I read that.

Your wife putting up with and even enjoying your hobby is one thing but when it comes to causing the house to possibly need something repaired I would think you would be pushing your luck a little. Oh I'm sorry I can replace those windows and fix the other things, I just turned it up a little to much !   :o  :D

I can see it now all the neighbors outside talking, "we knew it was going to happen sooner or later" while others saying " told you he would blow the windows out one day !"

Edited by dtel

I can see it now all the neighbors outside talking, "we knew it was going to happen sooner or later" while others saying " told you he would blow the windows out one day !"

If I cranked mine several times over a month I wouldn't be surprised to find an anti-fracking movement being started in Seabrook. 

Dave

I can see it now all the neighbors outside talking, "we knew it was going to happen sooner or later" while others saying " told you he would blow the windows out one day !"

If I cranked mine several times over a month I wouldn't be surprised to find an anti-fracking movement being started in Seabrook. 

Dave

Even when watching bass heavy movies, It's not really bad outside.  It sounds like distant thunder if you didn't know what was going on inside the house.  I think the attic insulation eats a lot of the bass up.