11 year old son wants to go to Santana concert. What do you think?

JL Sargent

You guys cant be serious thinking an 11 year old would be going by himself or only with same age friends.  JL, I imagine you mean you or some other responsible adult will be with them.  If so, I think it would be horrible not to take him to a Santana concert.  Obviously the little guy has great taste, and must be interested in music.  Don't deprive the experience all things being equal.

Orianthi Panageris (cute blonde guitarist) started playing acoustic guitar at 7 in Adelaide Australia.

Gives me a fuzzy feeling to hear someone else bring up Orianthi. <3

IMO...if your 11 year old is wise enough to know who Santana, s/he is wise enough to go.

Slightly on topic: I was 9 when I went to my first concert.

soooo, last weekend? :P

Eeek-gads, you found me out! :x :P

I just checked your profile .. you're 3 weeks older than my little sister.  :blink:

is your sister Orianthi?  If so, IbizaFlame would love that.

You aren't kidding buddy.  But you can never get a break like that when you really want it. lol

you’d be surprised dude.  When it happens, treat em like regular people--they’ll appreciate it and the famous folks that I meet have a pretty good BS meter.  If you meet her, tell her you’re on your way to buy a Paul Reed Smith guitar -- that’s what she plays.

Edited by BigStewMan

is your sister Orianthi?  If so, IbizaFlame would love that.

You aren't kidding buddy.  But you can never get a break like that when you really want it. lol

you’d be surprised dude.  When it happens, treat em like regular people--they’ll appreciate it and the famous folks that I meet have a pretty good BS meter.  If you meet her, tell her you’re on your way to buy a Paul Reed Smith guitar -- that’s what she plays.

Haha...right.  I'll write that down in my notebook of always-knowingness for fast reference.  I think I have better luck getting my ex back though. :P

Totally ontopic btw...that first concert was Brooks & Dunn.  Rascal Flatts and Brad Paisley opened for them too - that's before anyone even knew who Brad Paisley was, and Mayberry was "the big hit" for Rascal Flatts.

Edited by IbizaFlame

Orianthi is good.  Played with Alice Cooper not long ago.

I took a Friend of mine to see Alice Cooper when she was going through a Religious part of her life.  She told me she enjoyed the concert, but was never going to another one again.  I later heard she did make some more concerts.  So I guess I did not completely spoil them for her.

God it is good to have Friends.  Whether it is people you grew up with, Or people you met on a Forum on the internet.

Friends = Good

• Like 1

Orianthi is good.  Played with Alice Cooper not long ago.

I took a Friend of mine to see Alice Cooper when she was going through a Religious part of her life.  She told me she enjoyed the concert, but was never going to another one again.  I later heard she did make some more concerts.  So I guess I did not completely spoil them for her.

God it is good to have Friends.  Whether it is people you grew up with, Or people you met on a Forum on the internet.

Friends = Good

Many people are shocked to hear that Alice Cooper is a very strong Christian--i’ve heard him say so. He just likes playing a villain in rock-n-roll performances. I haven’t seen him in concert; but, my brother did and said it was one of the loudest concerts that he’s ever been to.

friends=good … that’s very true.

• Like 1

I am inclined to say yes. How awesome is it that he sought out to ask you this? Obviously he has great taste in music. And..the fact that your 11 year old son wants to do something with you?

Besides, you never know how long they will continue to tour. Live it up, if you see fit. That's my parent soapbox this evening.

• Like 1

I am inclined to say yes. How awesome is it that he sought out to ask you this? Obviously he has great taste in music. And..the fact that your 11 year old son wants to do something with you?

Besides, you never know how long they will continue to tour. Live it up, if you see fit. That's my parent soapbox this evening.

Used to have a 67 Mercury that my son and I would use for car camping in the summer.  Slept 2 on comfortable seats.  Cooked our meals on exhaust manifolds.

Point is to love em and do things with em while you can.  Then pray that when they grow up that they still want to do things with you.  And maybe with a granddaughter or grandson too.   :huh:   

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, we went to the Santana concert last night. The band played for a little over 2 hours and put on a great show. We had a fun time and at one point Auston said" Awe man, this is awesome!". It was a fun evening and certainly acceptable for our son to go. Everybody in the place behaved and had a good time along with us.

post-32707-0-88180000-1426533694_thumb.j

• Like 5

Heck yeah, take him and whoever else in the family wants to go and make it a family evening. I bet he will treasure the memories as he gets older. That my friend is a sign of the changes. In the good ol days, you couldnt go to a concert without being handed a joint, or ............................... I really dont think you have to worry about that these days.