Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

Someone posted these on the Klipsch Facebook Page under the Teaser Video.

I've made my fair share of Photoshopped Klipsch speakers but the lighting on these don't give me the impression they have been Photoshopped. Are these legit? Maybe European model? Or is someone just much better than I at Photoshop?

Take a close look at the rc64. That isn't a 64 or a 64ii. Not sure what it is. But the trim around the drivers and horn are different.

• Moderators

horn would be way too high for a tower at a seated position

I agree about the height.  I'm just not seeing anything in the photo that says it's Photoshopped.

Take a close look at the rc64. That isn't a 64 or a 64ii. Not sure what it is. But the trim around the drivers and horn are different.

Yeah, the horn isn't centered vertically either.  The center definitely looks home made to me.   But the towers do not.

I'm a crazy or do the 64 drivers match the drivers in the towers? That could be a made in China 64?

Scrappy said he thinks the woofers in the RC-64 might be from the RF-5?

Looks so real :)

I know, that's what has me puzzled.

Take a look at my previous RF-83 next to the "RF-84". The angles are slightly different perspective but similar.

The bottom bezel height is different, so that tells me the bottom wasn't photoshopped.  The grain in top of the speaker is consistent with the bottom.  Lighting doesn't look abnormal.

post-25073-0-03780000-1420430867_thumb.j

• Moderators

Also, look at the spacing of the rubber surround at the bottom of each speaker.  That spacing gets smaller and smaller as you go higher up the speaker which would be consistent with a legitimate photo. 

So either these are actual Klipsch speakers, or someone is REALLY good at building a clone RF-84.  :D

That RF-84 looks like a frankenstein'd RF-82 + RF82. The seam is in the middle, so it wouldn't be based on an RF-83.

The glossy finish is a real stumper, though. Some people just have a lot of time on their hands.

Not an RF-82, but an RF-35.  I know people who could literally make that whole picture in photoshop honestly.