Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

So let me get this straight, if I'm reading this correctly. It looks like the same company owns Klipsch, Boston Acoustics and Dual

Not Boston, afaik.  The same company that owns Denon and Marantz owns Boston - D&M.

Voxx owns Klipsch.

Edited by IbizaFlame
  • Like 2

So let me get this straight, if I'm reading this correctly. It looks like the same company owns Klipsch, Boston Acoustics and Dual. Who they gonna by next, Yamaha?

I doubt they could afford Yamaha.

Yamaha is the largest producer of musical instruments in the world, huge in the pro audio and consumer audio industry, outboard boat engines, water crafts, etc., and one thing that always slips my mind. :unsure:   Oh yeah, motorcycles. ;)  :D

Way too big for Voxx.

Bill

It would be nice to see some trickle down from the Palladium...

finish would be about all I would want. Palladium can keep everything else. I haven't heard too many good things
Have you heard them for yourself..?

I've listened to the P39F and was very impressed with the quality of sound reproduction and imaging.

miketn

nope. I have not heard them. Only have talked to people on here who have heard them. And all were unimpressed. Sorry but a 20,000 speaker should do nothing but impress you. And sound is all relative. They may have been the best thing you have ever heard. I used to think the rc-64 was the baddest center channel on earth. I was wrong. It's my least favorite Klipsch center because of it's value to performance ratio. Keep in mind I look at EVERYTHING in a value to performance ratio.

I havd owned Klipschorns, belles, hereseys, la scalas, and had cornwalls in my home for about 1 month. The Palladiums are significantly better than all of these. Also owned B&W 801s and 800s, and have friends with all sorts of high end speakers and the Palladiums are in proper company with all of these high end speakers (some better, some not, depends on what we are taking about -dynamics, microdetail, imaging, etc).

Now, if you say "aw man, for $xx you could have gotten ______" well, how do you quantify that? I'm sure an equally good sounding speaker can be built for much less than the cost of the Palladium if you skip the finish, steal the engineering, skip marketing costs, etc. But the same can be said of any high end equipment. I know that I can get rid of my JL F113 and buy a bunch of larger subwoofers, but I like the JL and it fits in the room well.

If you are going to stare at them and constantly think that you have too much tied up in them, don't buy them because you will never enjoy them. But you also don't need to spread how bad a speaker that you have never hear is on the manufacturer's website. This is the same thing that got me to buy B&Ws. Everyone here kept using them as the reference of "man, they cost so much and are not that great." I just had to hear them after that.

sorry I spent 8 years in the military defending people rights. One of which is the freedom of speech so if I want to say palladiums aren't worth the asking price I will all day. If you like em let it go in one ear and out the other. People can say cinema sucks all day. I don't care. I know what I hear. One day I hope to be able to afford palladiums and I will buy them same as I buy every other speaker I can afford to side by side them with my favorites. Then if they are better I have no problem saying so

Yes, you are correct.  In any situation any time anywhere you can say anything that you want to whomever you want!  :blink:  Let us know how it goes.  [touchy subject to please take this as a joke]

Never heard the Cinema (knowingly, maybe at the movie theater).  I do not doubt that they are excellent as they do not have a design constraint of having to be compact and fit into a living room.  If I had a big dedicated theater I would probably go that route.   My point was that I have been around a lot of high end speakers and the Palladiums are right in the pack - I actually prefer them because they do not require so much power. 

Yes, you are correct. In any situation any time anywhere you can say anything that you want to whomever you want! :blink: Let us know how it goes. [touchy subject to please take this as a joke]

Never heard the Cinema (knowingly, maybe at the movie theater). I do not doubt that they are excellent as they do not have a design constraint of having to be compact and fit into a living room. If I had a big dedicated theater I would probably go that route. My point was that I have been around a lot of high end speakers and the Palladiums are right in the pack - I actually prefer them because they do not require so much power. i agree with you 100% in this statement. If I had to have looks into account and I had to buy a pair of revel, b&w, or palladiums if take the palladiums so i didn't have to spend another 10,000 on amps.

My question would be how it would compare to the Revel Ultima Salon 2, mainly because they cost about the same and I've actually been around the Revel's, they're pretty insane. I should hope that comparing them to RF-7ii's would be a waste of time.

The Revels would not be well received here at all.  I have spent some time (not a lot) with them and I love them.  Very similar to B&W 800s.  Awesome midrange but they do not have the dynamics of horns.  They also cost $20,000 and for $20,000 you can buy...

It would be nice to see some trickle down from the Palladium...

finish would be about all I would want. Palladium can keep everything else. I haven't heard too many good things
Have you heard them for yourself..?

I've listened to the P39F and was very impressed with the quality of sound reproduction and imaging.

miketn

nope. I have not heard them. Only have talked to people on here who have heard them. And all were unimpressed. Sorry but a 20,000 speaker should do nothing but impress you. And sound is all relative. They may have been the best thing you have ever heard. I used to think the rc-64 was the baddest center channel on earth. I was wrong. It's my least favorite Klipsch center because of it's value to performance ratio. Keep in mind I look at EVERYTHING in a value to performance ratio.

I havd owned Klipschorns, belles, hereseys, la scalas, and had cornwalls in my home for about 1 month. The Palladiums are significantly better than all of these. Also owned B&W 801s and 800s, and have friends with all sorts of high end speakers and the Palladiums are in proper company with all of these high end speakers (some better, some not, depends on what we are taking about -dynamics, microdetail, imaging, etc).

Now, if you say "aw man, for $xx you could have gotten ______" well, how do you quantify that? I'm sure an equally good sounding speaker can be built for much less than the cost of the Palladium if you skip the finish, steal the engineering, skip marketing costs, etc. But the same can be said of any high end equipment. I know that I can get rid of my JL F113 and buy a bunch of larger subwoofers, but I like the JL and it fits in the room well.

If you are going to stare at them and constantly think that you have too much tied up in them, don't buy them because you will never enjoy them. But you also don't need to spread how bad a speaker that you have never hear is on the manufacturer's website. This is the same thing that got me to buy B&Ws. Everyone here kept using them as the reference of "man, they cost so much and are not that great." I just had to hear them after that.

sorry I spent 8 years in the military defending people rights. One of which is the freedom of speech so if I want to say palladiums aren't worth the asking price I will all day. If you like em let it go in one ear and out the other. People can say cinema sucks all day. I don't care. I know what I hear. One day I hope to be able to afford palladiums and I will buy them same as I buy every other speaker I can afford to side by side them with my favorites. Then if they are better I have no problem saying so

Yes, you are correct.  In any situation any time anywhere you can say anything that you want to whomever you want!  :blink:  Let us know how it goes.  [touchy subject to please take this as a joke]

Never heard the Cinema (knowingly, maybe at the movie theater).  I do not doubt that they are excellent as they do not have a design constraint of having to be compact and fit into a living room.  If I had a big dedicated theater I would probably go that route.   My point was that I have been around a lot of high end speakers and the Palladiums are right in the pack - I actually prefer them because they do not require so much power. 

dude... you are welcome to come over anytime to hear what a proper Cornwall SHOULD sound like... :)

you invited me into your home, I would love to do the same.

I actually had a pair of unmodified Cornwalls here that I picked up for a forum member.  Had them out in the room and hooked to my 2 channel system.  They sounded great.  I'm sure with your mods and equipment they are awesome. 

The problem that I had with K Horns was that they had awesome (I mean AWESOME!!) dynamics, but the imaging was weird.  I didn't realize what it was until I read the PWK paper on the "hole" in the center.  If you get far back I think it goes away, but the imaging was a horseshoe shape and kind of flat.  This was with stock drivers, and ALK crossovers, then triamped with all the fancy digital processing.  The Palladiums do not do this, but they are small (mine are the  38's and 37's so even smaller than the 39s, about the size of RF7s) and do not have that huge impact of the K Horns, although they do dynamics very well. 

In any event, they are still great speakers and I hate to see any potential Klipsch customers skip them and buy B&Ws or Revels because of this forum.  I really think that they are better because 100 or 200 wpc on a standard 15 amp circuit will drive them just fine. 

• Like 1