Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

Mike, Kevin Harmon listened to the PF-39, the new Klipschorn and the Jubilee in the same room consecutively and was not impressed. The Paladdium came in last place. All the time I have spent critically listening with Kevin, our absolute agreement on everything we both heard and didn't and liked or didn't. His big Klipsch collection and my experience with first hand listening with so many models. Yes, I would like to listen to Paladium just to say I have, but I don't have to to realize that they aren't ANYWHERE near all that as I take Kevins word for gospel AND you can't change the physics of their limited size. YES, they look pretty, but that is all I expect out of them... Roger

Roger I know having met and talking with Kevin that he is a really nice person and all but to be honest I learned long ago that I have my own taste and expectations in women, cars, loudspeakers and various other interest and found it best to use my own experiences to decide what I like best in all these areas of interest. :D

By the way in case you didn't know I was there with Kevin and others when all of these comparisons took place and there are many variables at play which can sway someone's opinion. Heck just where you were standing or sitting in the room can create many different opinions of what was good or bad about a particular loudspeaker's audition. While some attributes of each loudspeaker were obvious these listening sessions were relatively short and hardly conclusive of the full potential of each loudspeaker auditioned IMHO.

miketn

• Like 1

RW-12

RC-35

RS-35's

RF-5's

RC-7

RB-35's

RF-7's

RS-7's

H3 upgrade kits

Misc head phones and Blue tooth speakers.

All bought new.  Hey, I'm trying.

All of my Klipsch speakers i bought used.  All of my Paradigm stuff i bought new since i don't ever see the newer Studio or Signature line for sale used in my area,

It was with Roy Delgado, in the same room, with the same acoustics, on the same gear, at the same time!

Just to clarify it might have been the same room but how the loudspeakers were placed in the room and the interaction with the acoustical properties of the room would be one of the important variables that shouldn't be ignored when making any conclusions.

I guarantee you all the loudspeakers auditioned that day are capable of better performance than anyone heard if each had been optimized in setup and the acoustical treatment of the room had been optimized for each loudspeaker's unique performance features.

I really don't understand why some here feel that there is only one winner of "best loudspeaker" possible...!!!   None of these systems are perfect and each have areas they excel in and each have some weak areas and all have specific needs to reach their full potential.

miketn

Not gonna lie I'd drive that SS! Although I wouldn't pay that much for it.

Scrappy,

Do you got a few fat chicks in the closet that you aren't telling the rest of us about?

I could see driving that SS as a work car for a lot less money, but I couldn't see driving that thing to be seen in or for enjoyment!

Cinema speakers are but ugly too, but at least they have undeniable performance!

Rog

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

It was with Roy Delgado, in the same room, with the same acoustics, on the same gear, at the same time!

Just to clarify it might have been the same room but how the loudspeakers were placed in the room and the interaction with the acoustical properties of the room would be one of the important variables that shouldn't be ignored when making any conclusions.

I guarantee you all the loudspeakers auditioned that day are capable of better performance than anyone heard if each had been optimized in setup and the acoustical treatment of the room had been optimized for each loudspeaker's unique performance features.

I really don't understand why some here feel that there is only one winner of "best loudspeaker" possible...!!!   None of these systems are perfect and each have areas they excel in and each have some weak areas and all have specific needs to reach their full potential.

miketn

So Mike,

From your perspective, did the Paladiums outshine the new Klipschorns and Jubilees??

Roger

Not gonna lie I'd drive that SS! Although I wouldn't pay that much for it.

Scrappy,

Do you got a few fat chicks in the closet that you aren't telling the rest of us about?

I could see driving that SS as a work car for a lot less money, but I couldn't see driving that thing to be seen in or for enjoyment!

Cinema speakers are but ugly too, but at least they have undeniable performance!

Rog

my house is full of fat girls! Although I don't keep any in the closet ;-)

Now as far as your SS comment goes, a Chevy truck is not going to outrun a Corvette, so your reference is not relative, although new trucks are approaching Corvette pricing!

http://www.chevrolet.com/ss-sports-sedan.html

SS stands for Sports Sedan. It's like a poor man's Cadillac CTS-V, with 90's styling and for some reason still costs a minimum of 45 grand. They're like a Cavalier on steroids.

As long as we are staying on topic: In MY Chevrolet world SS stands for Super Sport and my 1969 SS Camaro 375/396 out ran more than a few Corvettes, in a straight line.........

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 2

I've been known to start what seemed to be a great thread for discussion and somehow many pages down the line....the train is totally derailed

Well, you ask a question that no one will know the answer to for about a month after you ask it.  We have to pass the time somehow.

• Like 2

Now as far as your SS comment goes, a Chevy truck is not going to outrun a Corvette, so your reference is not relative, although new trucks are approaching Corvette pricing!

http://www.chevrolet.com/ss-sports-sedan.html

SS stands for Sports Sedan. It's like a poor man's Cadillac CTS-V, with 90's styling and for some reason still costs a minimum of 45 grand. They're like a Cavalier on steroids.

As long as we are staying on topic: In MY Chevrolet world SS stands for Super Sport and my 1969 SS Camaro 375/396 out ran more than a few Corvettes, in a straight line.........

First Year straight 6 Corvettes don't count!

But.... I do agree with you that SS stands for Super Sport!!!

I like a good forged steel 396 crank, it belongs in a 454 Bore though!!!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

That being said, in MY opinion, you can say anything you want about (my) speakers.  It won't hurt my feelings.  :)

Your speakers wear pink paisley combat boots. :ph34r:

Wow, that's kinda personal, isn't it?  I guess I was wrong about it not hurting my feelings... :(

I think you need your tubes tied!  (you do have a tube amp, don't you?  otherwise, this insult won't make a lick of sense...)

+++

And a Chevy truck WILL outrun a Corvette through the mud.  I'm from West Virginia; It's not what you have, it's how you use it. 

+++

And Youthman, we ARE doing what Chad and Klipsch wants; we are keeping this topic lively, because for Klipsch, it's all about creating some buzz for the product, baby. 

I expect Chad to get a big raise for this one.  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

miketn

So Mike,

From your perspective, did the Paladiums outshine the new Klipschorns and Jubilees??

Roger

From my perspective, on that day the P39F was the imaging winner but it is also important to know that the Jubilees were at a disadvantage that day because the room treatments were optimized for long wall placement of the KHorns or Jubs but they were located on the short wall which limited their imaging abilities. KHorns and Jubs are capable of excellent imaging if the setup and room acoustical treatment are optimized for them. 

I own Jubs and would love to own some P39F both are excellent reproducers of music both have different requirements to bring out their full potential.

miketn