Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

What always makes me shake my head is people going around expressing opinions without any first hand experience.

It is always best to go by firsthand experience but even then, what I hear may not be what someone else hears.  I thought the Palladiums were Ok.  The guy had all of the right equipment (Krell amps, High End Yamaha Aventage Receiver).  It sounded good, I just expected to be absolutely blown away and I wasn't.  The one thing in his setup that I was most unimpressed with was the Belle center channel.  Speech was not as crystal clear as my LaScalas are. 

With that said, I did not calibrate his setup, there were no acoustic treatments so there are still a lot of factors that could cause the system to not sound up to it's full potential.

I see a couple of red flags here. One is a Belle should have the clarity of a LaScala all things being equal. Second Flag is no acoustical treatments because it's a very rare room that doesn't exhibit acoustical issues if left untreated which often show themselves up as a lack of clarity and tonal balance and less than ideal imaging.

Unfortunately proper acoustical treatments is the last on the majority of people's list and the loudspeaker and/or equipment often gets the blame.

What separate a good system from an excellent system is finding the proper synergy between equipment and the full attention to implementing a chosen loudspeaker design into the listening room with appropriate acoustical treatments of the room for a given loudspeaker design.

miketn

most people on here have NEVER bought any speakers NEW from Klipsch why to cheap buy used save money

klipsch doesn't see the money

No just can't afford it, that being said I don't know how much my spending habits would change if I did have money. I mean I would love to purchase a new set of Jubilees. But just not there yet.

most people on here have NEVER bought any speakers NEW from Klipsch

I've bought enough new Klipsch's in the past 3 months that it took three 18 wheelers to deliver them. :) No they weren't full, but I think it was four pallettes full of them. Full retail would be WELL into the 5 digit range.

What always makes me shake my head is people going around expressing opinions without any first hand experience.

Yep. I'm sure I'm guilty of that to some extent so I can't say much, but I don't go around saying how La Scala's or whatever sound either, because I have no idea. People can say whatever the hell they want, that don't mean its true or worth repeating.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

I've bought enough new Klipsch's in the past 3 months that it took three 18 wheelers to deliver them. :) No they weren't full, but I think it was four pallettes full of them.

Yep.

the fine hardworking men and woman at klipsch thank you

Edited by Budman
  • Like 4

some kind of Signature PwK model would be cool and the gang!

Schu: a new signature series loudspeaker designed by and signed by a dead man??? Best regards Moray James

there isn't one reason in the world not to...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15528557403_9b4032a7ca_o.jpg

if we look here... these look awfully short. Not much more than 30-36"... a NEW short horn?

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

I'll bet the percentage is higher than you think.  I've bought quite a few (mostly Reference) as well as many of their other products.  As a matter of fact, the Klipsch Bluetooth speaker I bought for my daughters Christmas present was her favorite gift.

• Like 1

It would be nice to see some trickle down from the Palladium...

finish would be about all I would want. Palladium can keep everything else. I haven't heard too many good things
Have you heard them for yourself..?

I've listened to the P39F and was very impressed with the quality of sound reproduction and imaging.

miketn

nope. I have not heard them. Only have talked to people on here who have heard them. And all were unimpressed. Sorry but a 20,000 speaker should do nothing but impress you. And sound is all relative. They may have been the best thing you have ever heard. I used to think the rc-64 was the baddest center channel on earth. I was wrong. It's my least favorite Klipsch center because of it's value to performance ratio. Keep in mind I look at EVERYTHING in a value to performance ratio.

I havd owned Klipschorns, belles, hereseys, la scalas, and had cornwalls in my home for about 1 month.  The Palladiums are significantly better than all of these.  Also owned B&W 801s and 800s, and have friends with all sorts of high end speakers and the Palladiums are in proper company with all of these high end speakers (some better, some not, depends on what we are taking about -dynamics, microdetail, imaging, etc). 

Now, if you say "aw man, for $xx you could have gotten ______" well, how do you quantify that?  I'm sure an equally good sounding speaker can be built for much less than the cost of the Palladium if you skip the finish, steal the engineering, skip marketing costs, etc.  But the same can be said of any high end equipment.  I know that I can get rid of my JL F113 and buy a bunch of larger subwoofers, but I like the JL and it fits in the room well.

If you are going to stare at them and constantly think that you have too much tied up in them, don't buy them because you will never enjoy them.  But you also don't need to spread how bad a speaker that you have never hear is on the manufacturer's website.  This is the same thing that got me to buy B&Ws.  Everyone here kept using them as the reference of "man, they cost so much and are not that great."  I just had to hear them after that. 

• Like 1

Im hoping for a bigger subwoofer.

Yea, that's what all the girls say.....
It's not the size of the woofer......it's all about the "Linear Excursion".....that's what my wife tells me :-)
my woofers are huge and have tons of excursion!

That explains all that chuffing from your rear port.

Now THAT is funny!

• Moderators
One is a Belle should have the clarity of a LaScala all things being equal.

Mike, most people say that Belle's sound fantastic.  I too wondered if there was something in the Yamaha that might cause the Belle not to be crystal clear.  That's why I mentioned, it could have been his configuration.  I don't think it was the actual gear that was the problem as it's all super high end stuff.

What did impress me was the quad THX Ultra2 speakers that MichaelandKlipsch delivered to him.  :D

I havd owned Klipschorns, belles, hereseys, la scalas, and had cornwalls in my home for about 1 month. The Palladiums are significantly better than all of these.

That's great to hear.  That's what I would expect from a $20,000 pair of speakers. 

This is the same thing that got me to buy B&Ws. Everyone here kept using them as the reference of "man, they cost so much and are not that great." I just had to hear them after that.

I've owned a few of the mid-level B&W and have heard some of the 800 series and I've always loved how they sound.  They just cost more than Klipsch so that was what initially got me into Klipsch.  What did you think of the B&W's?

its easy to bash 20 grand speakers when yours cost 400

coming from the line cutter lol

Can't we all agree that the Klipsch's most expensive top end speaker should be fantastic? And both guys that own lascalas thought they were mediocre. Another guys that heard them,

Heard em at Klipsch next to 904's and rf-7ii's and the ones there all agreed the worst were the palladiums. Take it or leave it. I don't care if anyone of you guys wanna hear me since I haven't heard them first hand. But it's not liked I've been talking to guys with 16 posts. Two are very frequent posters and the other guys has been around for years and heard every damn Klipsch ever made. So I trust them.

Edited by Scrappydue