Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

Let's be honest, if Klipsch did release the perfect ideal speakers we all hope for. Who would go out and buy in the next year? I know if it was something I was really after I would make a huge attempt, but to be honest with myself I wouldn't be able to afford anything right now. I just hope that what ever it is. It brings back the name that people once remember. Along with drawing in the new upcoming audiophiles.

if it was something worth while I would absolutely buy it.

Let's be honest, if Klipsch did release the perfect ideal speakers we all hope for. Who would go out and buy in the next year? I know if it was something I was really after I would make a huge attempt, but to be honest with myself I wouldn't be able to afford anything right now. I just hope that what ever it is. It brings back the name that people once remember. Along with drawing in the new upcoming audiophiles.

if it was something worth while I would absolutely buy it.
I figured you would[emoji1] .

Let's put something in perspective. Klipsch's employee roster is filled with:   Audiophiles Non-audiophiles Musicians (seriously, I think this is the biggest demographic of our roster, it's insane how many musicians work here) Audio producers Video producers Audio history buffs Music lovers Movie nerds Home Theater enthusiasts Vinyl record collectors Hardcore video gamers Party animals Laid-back folks and, obviously... Scientists Acoustic engineers Electrical engineers Industrial designers  

What … no Hippie Portuguese vegetarians?  Klipsch probably needs to broaden their horizons … we all have something to bring to the proverbial table. Peace anyway  :D 

Edited by BigStewMan

I seriously doubt it will be anything that will impress any of us old-timers. It won't be car audio, they don't have the QC for that demanding application, nearly anything electronic other than Mondial has been problematic (SUB12 quality issues, anyone remember RoomGroove?),  I see the Heritage line dying a slow death due to lack of stateside sales. Even the Pro?/Cinema line is pretty antiquated by modern standards. Was just at a Fry's electronics and of course the Klipsch display of the new portables didn't work. Probably just another rehash of something some competitor has had on the market for a year already, poorly designed and overpriced. Audiovox will be the death of this company, mark my words. 

You're wrong on just about everything.

Merry bleepin' Christmas.

I have to agree with Michael on this one. I hope Klipsch proves us wrong; but, many of us have a concern for the direction Klipsch seems to be heading. Sure there is a (short lived) consumer base for (excuse me for the lack of a better term) “gimmick” devices we find Klipsch now putting in Best Buy. Maybe we’re audio dinosaurs in the corporate eyes; but, the Klipsch Heritage line is something to be proud of and not something that we want to see slowly replaced with new fangled things that just aren’t as good. I don’t speak for Michael or Moray James; but, i doubt that they are hating on Klipsch … I’m not either; but, to be honest, i’m more proud of what Klipsch once was, than what they are now -- and i’d like that to change. That may make the current employees defensive; but, i haven’t bought a different brand of speaker since 1984 -- so i think i’ve proven my loyalty … just wish the company would get back to what set them apart from their competitors instead of blending in with them.

• Like 2

Klipsch is still building tons of great speakers. The pro line as example is amazing. I mean how many speaker companies build big monsters like the pro line? I do agree that the best buy speakers have become the face of klipsch. But if you look at all the speakers they are still building today. You will find lots of really amazing stuff in some of the speaker lines. 

I think some of the comments attacking klipsch are way to harsh. I have my grips yes (like the reference line). But some here should/need to settle down a bit. 

Klipsch is still building tons of great speakers. The pro line as example is amazing. I mean how many speaker companies build big monsters like the pro line? I do agree that the best buy speakers have become the face of klipsch. But if you look at all the speakers they are still building today. You will find lots of really amazing stuff in some of the speaker lines. 

I think some of the comments attacking klipsch are way to harsh. I have my grips yes (like the reference line). But some here should/need to settle down a bit.

Settle down or just plain settle? Settle that's what I think that many here have done. Settle for a reference line where the largest woofer is a ten where a two inch diaphragm is a big compression driver and the largest horn is all of 8" square sorry but that's a modest tweeter horn. Members here don't see it I don't think that people want to see it. Reference one reference two which one is the better one? That is marketing BS. That is Klipsch today this is the reality of Klipsch today and there is more where this came from for tomorrow. I am not making this up this is what Klipsh is bringing to you right now.

You want to take a look at a line of of SOTA horns systems that would impress the hell out of PWK? Will save this and release this info only in 2015. Settle down settle up move along. Best regards Moray James.

Man you know what I just thought about would be cool. Thx ultra replacement set. Dual pro 8" woofers, 510 horn with 2" b&c de-85. That would be leaps and bounds above the current thx set. And to me msrp should stay right where it's at for that change. That would be a hot seller on their hands. At least for custom installs.

Man you know what I just thought about would be cool. Thx ultra replacement set. Dual pro 8" woofers, 510 horn with 2" b&c de-85. That would be leaps and bounds above the current thx set. And to me msrp should stay right where it's at for that change. That would be a hot seller on their hands. At least for custom installs.

Just get some 88 Specials, that's just about what you just described.  They're not exactly hot sellers though.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Some of you guys that are doing some wild guesses that includes car audio, receivers, pro audio, etc., don't pay attention to the press releases. :)

http://www.klipsch.com/pressreleases/first-tier-reference-speakers-press-release

"These products (plain Reference at Best Buy) represent the initial and entry-level series in what will be a tiered approach to Reference home theater speakers to be completed in 2015."

Seems to me that there will continue to be Reference, Reference II, and there will probably be a new complete Reference III lineup. They basically flat out told you a Reference III is coming in 2015 with this statement.   I don't know what other conclusion you could deduct from it.  What exactly that means though, I have no idea but am very curious.  3-way, Atmos, and more real veneer is my best guess.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Just get some 88 Specials, that's just about what you just described. They're not exactly hot sellers though.

they aren't got sellers cause most go for the bigger fusion. But people that buy thx ultra want stuff for custom installs. And the 88 special has that all over it. I think Klipsch could make a comparable product and charge more for it obviously. There are lots who can't diy or refuse or don't know how. So to me there is a market for it. They sell plenty of the thx ultra. So if it were a better product ? I see potential. But maybe just me.

And as far as new stuff we know they are done with ref ii stuff as everyone is clearing out inventory for new products.

What … no Hippie Portuguese vegetarians?

Nah, Colter left there a long time ago..... 

well, i can take care of the hippie and vegetarian part; but, i will always yield to his superior knowledge of of audio--particularly speakers…and he’s trustworthy because he’s a Yes fan, and one of the few that can probably tell you what Siberian Khatru means.

Edited by BigStewMan