Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

Im hoping for a bigger subwoofer.

Yea, that's what all the girls say.....
It's not the size of the woofer......it's all about the "Linear Excursion".....that's what my wife tells me :-)
my woofers are huge and have tons of excursion!

That explains all that chuffing from your rear port.

• Like 4

Im hoping for a bigger subwoofer.

Yea, that's what all the girls say.....
It's not the size of the woofer......it's all about the "Linear Excursion".....that's what my wife tells me :-)
my woofers are huge and have tons of excursion!

That explains all that chuffing from your rear port.

Well done... very well done.

I seriously doubt it will be anything that will impress any of us old-timers. It won't be car audio, they don't have the QC for that demanding application, nearly anything electronic other than Mondial has been problematic (SUB12 quality issues, anyone remember RoomGroove?),  I see the Heritage line dying a slow death due to lack of stateside sales. Even the Pro?/Cinema line is pretty antiquated by modern standards. Was just at a Fry's electronics and of course the Klipsch display of the new portables didn't work. Probably just another rehash of something some competitor has had on the market for a year already, poorly designed and overpriced. Audiovox will be the death of this company, mark my words. 

Ouch.  Pretty harsh, Michael...

Dave

• Moderators

I'm with Scrappy.  LOL

If the dealers know what's coming down the pipe, I wonder how Klipsch can keep it a big secret.  I'm guessing it's something more than what the dealers know.  The more people that are "in the know", the more potential that the info is leaked.

Lets think of all the cool "Reference 3" type speakers that would be nice to see.

RSW-15 II

RSW-18D

RB-75 II

RF-7 III (With three 10 inch woofers)

RF-63 II

RF-83 II

well chad already said the 115 was the highest sub they were making. so count me out on any future klipsch subs. 

however a rf-63ii in walnut with b&c 2" driver will spark my interest very quickly 

• Like 1

• Moderators
Lets think of all the cool "Reference 3" type speakers that would be nice to see. RSW-15 II RSW-18D RB-75 II RF-7 III (With three 10 inch woofers) RF-63 II RF-83 II

All of those would be very welcomed Gorm, especially the RSW-18 and the RF-7iii with Tri-10" woofers.  Excuse me while I wipe the drool off of my keyboard.

I seriously doubt it will be anything that will impress any of us old-timers. It won't be car audio, they don't have the QC for that demanding application, nearly anything electronic other than Mondial has been problematic (SUB12 quality issues, anyone remember RoomGroove?),  I see the Heritage line dying a slow death due to lack of stateside sales. Even the Pro?/Cinema line is pretty antiquated by modern standards. Was just at a Fry's electronics and of course the Klipsch display of the new portables didn't work. Probably just another rehash of something some competitor has had on the market for a year already, poorly designed and overpriced. Audiovox will be the death of this company, mark my words. 

You're wrong on just about everything.

Merry bleepin' Christmas.

• Like 2

Hey Alex: I think that colterphoto1 is bang on in his assessment of Klipsch today. The Heritage line needs to be kept fresh and relevant if you want to show the world how good you were/are otherwise drop it and focus on the future.

The problem is that most of the old the old stuff is already better than the new stuff. The consumer does not want the old stuff because it is too big and too expensive. They want an elephant to be stuffed into a shoe box and they want surround so you have to build tall skinny towers which will fit into smaller spaces. Klipsch is a very different animal now. Paul is all but forgotten and the old guard is all but gone now. Best regards Moray James.

• Administrators
Paul is all but forgotten

All due respect, but this is patently false. In fact, I think we are the only "old speaker company" that maintains its roots and tries to spread its rich history as much as we do.

• Like 1