Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

• Moderators

THX for the link Chad. That's the third time I've been wrong since I joined the forums. I'm falling apart. Lol

At $2500 - $10,000, I'll have to continue to pursue my love for Klipsch via the used market. I'll pick up a set of whatever they are in 10 years when you introduce your next big news.

• Like 1

Or they could

ACTUALLY release a 20th Anniversary Jubilee Khorn in Mahogany............oops, that was 1999, which was already 3 years old when I saw it in Vegas and missed seeing PWK by about 5 minutes during teardown (I was actually there for a Digital Photo Convention at Caesar's Palace).

The way to do it would be built-in DAC, DSP and Hypex Power amps and make it Digital Source Plug and play. Where is the Palladium?

• Like 1

From the Indianapolis Business Journal (12-13-14):

Now, Indianapolis-based Klipsch is responding to the challenge by returning to its roots—emphasizing premium products, including home speaker systems costing $2,500 to $10,000. Meanwhile, it’s backing away from lower-priced headphones and lower-priced sound bars, a product that’s popular with consumers but also has fierce price competition.

• Like 2

I think a Palladium style speaker that is affordable to a larger demographic is what they are going to announce. By affordable, I mean a range of speaker that is in the Reference II price range. Perhaps it will be called the Reference III, or maybe it will be named after an element like the Palladium. Something like the Osmium series. Carl posted a clip from a business journal stating $2,500-10,000. That sounds about right and definitely influences my prediction.

I see it as a very high performing physically heavy 2 or perhaps 3 way speaker with an ordinary finish (doesn't mean ugly, but no Palladium sculpting and tigerwood). I would expect the target demographic to be middle - upper middle class 'practical' audiophiles. Not including the Heritage speakers and the Cinema line, the flagship Palladium is the best Klipsch has to offer. The Heritage and Cinema lines are big and efficient. The Palladium is small and inefficient. With receivers and amps becoming more and more powerful it makes sense to pursue the smaller ones that need more power. The Hoffman's Iron Law fully in force with a smaller enclosure. I think the unveiling clip Chad posted is a red herring. They will not be the giant speakers it seems they would be under that black sheet. There will still be horns on top, but the bass bin will be a very well tuned reflex.

Edited by mustang guy

From the Indianapolis Business Journal (12-13-14):

Now, Indianapolis-based Klipsch is responding to the challenge by returning to its roots—emphasizing premium products, including home speaker systems costing $2,500 to $10,000. Meanwhile, it’s backing away from lower-priced headphones and lower-priced sound bars, a product that’s popular with consumers but also has fierce price competition.

if this is true... I can see a lot of secondary market used product going up for sale in the next year or so...

The Heritage and Cinema lines are big and efficient. The Palladium is small and inefficient.

I can't agree with this.  B&W 800 series are 92 db but require huge amps to drive them. 

I use a Denon 5800 receiver (170 wpc) to easily drive 5 Palladium speakers.  I could get by with less power.  I do agree that cinema is big and efficient. 

I am guessing that the word "BIG" means big speakers.  Maybe a variant / updated CF4? 

Edited by tigerwoodKhorns

Typically super high-end stuff isn't marketed in this matter.

Normally, I'd agree with this statement (in many cases, anyway). However if you look at this article, it may give a hint of what's to come from us in 2015 and beyond. Remember that just because people could buy it doesn't mean it is not high-end.

http://www.ibj.com/articles/50886-after-setbacks-klipsch-amps-up-focus-on-high-end

Also note that what's under the cover in the teaser vid does not tell the whole story of what we are announcing at CES. Just a big chunk of it.

One of the things that came to my mind was. If Klipsch is paying attention to what we are asking for, maybe they are finding a way to give us what we want, along with the average consumer. 

"$2500 - $10,000"

Exactly what I was hoping for. A series that lands right in between Ref ii and Palladium!

I read it differently: At this time Klipsch high "high end" speakers start as low as $2500 and are up to $10,000 each. I didn't read that the new something or others would be in that range.

LOL!  You guys kill me!  Don't you get it?  The curtain is like a Rorschach test, Klipsch gives you an amorphous blank slate, and the human mind fills in the blank with whatever it wants to see!  And you guys are all wrong!  :lol:

I think I see Amy behind the curtain... :emotion-51:

• Like 4

The Heritage and Cinema lines are big and efficient. The Palladium is small and inefficient.

I can't agree with this.  B&W 800 series are 92 db but require huge amps to drive them. 

I use a Denon 5800 receiver (170 wpc) to easily drive 5 Palladium speakers.  I could get by with less power.  I do agree that cinema is big and efficient. 

I am guessing that the word "BIG" means big speakers.  Maybe a variant / updated CF4? 

You bring up a good point.  Palladiums are inefficient compared to the Heritage and Cinema series. Compared to other 'audiophile' speakers on the planet, they are efficient. 

I still tend to think it is a line between the Palladiums and the Ref II's. Looking for a good review from Stereophile, AVS forums, etc. should be a goal if they intend to "return to their roots" and "emphasize premium products". Roots = PWK, so we must ask, WWPWK do? With high powered amps and receivers, perhaps he would build affordable Palladiums.

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

Maybe they'll add something to their heritage line thats somewhere between the Heresy's and the cornwalls....?

They're bringing back the Forte??????!!!!!!

That makes sense. Perhaps the entire Heritage line including the Belle and the Chorus (which some think is better than the CW)