Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

From Klipsch Facebook page...

"Also, VOXX wants a high-margin Klipsch. Whatever they do with their other brands is irrelevant. We're here to make kick *** speakers. Also Reference II is a significant improvement over your first gens and if you demo what we have coming up next, you will be suitably impressed. Book it."

What would PWK do? I'll tell you what he would do, and that is what he always intended to do and that is make a beautiful piece of furniture Jubilee for home use!

Roger

Ya'll better buy them before they DO create them as a bona-fide home speaker.  You heard it from the horses mouth that they (VOXX) want a high-margin speaker....  buy them while they are only 'medium margin'

:)

Richard has hit the nail on the head. Other thing I see is that as stated Klipsch want and need higher margin products so if you cannot figure out what that translate into as far as quality goes I don't have the time to discuss it farther. People keep saying they want a better Klipsch but what they don't seem to see is that people also don't want to spend more so you get given less and are told it is more. Smaller horns are worse horns so if you don't have the space and you don't have the money you best just buy Heritage/extended Legend and Epic as your best way to a future which includes better sound. The focus would then in my mind be on the KLF20 along with the KLF30 and the best bang for the buck would be the CF3 and the CF4 for size and performance. Best regards Moray James.

http://ces.klipsch.com/

I've mostly been following this thread, but hadn't see this. In case anyone else is in the same boat.   The stuff under the sheet looks big, maybe a launch of chinese made heritage size line? That would equal a higher profit......... Though I'm guessing none of us would applaud. 

Edited by Brac

It seems like Heritage made in China would be unlikely due to size. Shipping would cost a ton. Think about the last time you shipped a Cornwall or a Khorn. Imagine shipping them all from China in a sea container. These aren't break down boxes, they are big heavy pieces of furniture, and though they are heavy, yet they aren't dense enough to get a good rate per CWT.

I could see the Heresy made in China, but the big stuff, I don't know...

Edited by mustang guy

It seems like Heritage made in China would be unlikely due to size. Shipping would cost a ton. Think about the last time you shipped a Cornwall or a Khorn. Imagine shipping them all from China in a sea container. These aren't break down boxes, they are big heavy pieces of furniture, and though they are heavy, yet they aren't dense enough to get a good rate per CWT.

I could see the Heresy made in China, but the big stuff, I don't know...

Although I don't think it's Heritage made in china (I remember hearing Klipsch say something about bringing more production back to Hope)

But to go along with the idea of China and the expense of shipping....  maybe they could sell them on a "pickup only" basis?

:unsure:

From Klipsch Facebook page...

"Also, VOXX wants a high-margin Klipsch. Whatever they do with their other brands is irrelevant. We're here to make kick *** speakers. Also Reference II is a significant improvement over your first gens and if you demo what we have coming up next, you will be suitably impressed. Book it."

What would PWK do? I'll tell you what he would do, and that is what he always intended to do and that is make a beautiful piece of furniture Jubilee for home use!

Roger

Ya'll better buy them before they DO create them as a bona-fide home speaker.  You heard it from the horses mouth that they (VOXX) want a high-margin speaker....  buy them while they are only 'medium margin'

:)

Yes, it's pretty easy to get a veneered plywood from the front and buy black grille cloth from Bob Crites.

Talk about returning to roots the Khorn's bass unit was "A loudspeaker of SMALL DIMENSIONS." PWK saw the Klipshorn as the perfect size. Everything else was compromised to SELL. Pretty simple really. the HERESY saved the company and was responsible for 50% of the gross sales. Otherwise just making Khorns would have ended the company in the 60's. Reality bites.

Talk about returning to roots the Khorn's bass unit was "A loudspeaker of SMALL DIMENSIONS." PWK saw the Klipshorn as the perfect size. Everything else was compromised to SELL. Pretty simple really. the HERESY saved the company and was responsible for 50% of the gross sales.

Otherwise just making Khorns would have ended the company in the 60's. Reality bites.

Business observation #001; Klipsch is not in business to make speakers, they are in business to make money.

That is not a criticism, that is a compliment, and that truism can be ignored at the expense of ANY company.  There a a LOT of speaker companies who are no longer in business that Klipsch has left in its wake.

+++

I'll go on record as saying Klipsch will roll out their Atmos line at CES.  They will continue as a company by embracing the future, not the past.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

What would PWK do? I'll tell you what he would do, and that is what he always intended to do and that is make a beautiful piece of furniture Jubilee for home use! Roger

Problem with that is that it would violate the cardinal points he'd already laid down. 

Dave

I seriously doubt it will be anything that will impress any of us old-timers. It won't be car audio, they don't have the QC for that demanding application, nearly anything electronic other than Mondial has been problematic (SUB12 quality issues, anyone remember RoomGroove?),  I see the Heritage line dying a slow death due to lack of stateside sales. Even the Pro?/Cinema line is pretty antiquated by modern standards. Was just at a Fry's electronics and of course the Klipsch display of the new portables didn't work. Probably just another rehash of something some competitor has had on the market for a year already, poorly designed and overpriced. Audiovox will be the death of this company, mark my words. 

Edited by colterphoto1