Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

It would be nice to see some trickle down from the Palladium...

finish would be about all I would want. Palladium can keep everything else. I haven't heard too many good things
Have you heard them for yourself..?

I've listened to the P39F and was very impressed with the quality of sound reproduction and imaging.

miketn

nope. I have not heard them. Only have talked to people on here who have heard them. And all were unimpressed. Sorry but a 20,000 speaker should do nothing but impress you. And sound is all relative. They may have been the best thing you have ever heard. I used to think the rc-64 was the baddest center channel on earth. I was wrong. It's my least favorite Klipsch center because of it's value to performance ratio. Keep in mind I look at EVERYTHING in a value to performance ratio.

I havd owned Klipschorns, belles, hereseys, la scalas, and had cornwalls in my home for about 1 month. The Palladiums are significantly better than all of these. Also owned B&W 801s and 800s, and have friends with all sorts of high end speakers and the Palladiums are in proper company with all of these high end speakers (some better, some not, depends on what we are taking about -dynamics, microdetail, imaging, etc).

Now, if you say "aw man, for $xx you could have gotten ______" well, how do you quantify that? I'm sure an equally good sounding speaker can be built for much less than the cost of the Palladium if you skip the finish, steal the engineering, skip marketing costs, etc. But the same can be said of any high end equipment. I know that I can get rid of my JL F113 and buy a bunch of larger subwoofers, but I like the JL and it fits in the room well.

If you are going to stare at them and constantly think that you have too much tied up in them, don't buy them because you will never enjoy them. But you also don't need to spread how bad a speaker that you have never hear is on the manufacturer's website. This is the same thing that got me to buy B&Ws. Everyone here kept using them as the reference of "man, they cost so much and are not that great." I just had to hear them after that.

sorry I spent 8 years in the military defending people rights. One of which is the freedom of speech so if I want to say palladiums aren't worth the asking price I will all day. If you like em let it go in one ear and out the other. People can say cinema sucks all day. I don't care. I know what I hear. One day I hope to be able to afford palladiums and I will buy them same as I buy every other speaker I can afford to side by side them with my favorites. Then if they are better I have no problem saying so
  • Like 1

Klipsch... see what the competition is doing?

redesign_20745036616387-n6rltdfetzhqzm7r

Introducing the Om/One levitating Bluetooth speaker. Yes, we said ‘levitating’. No, it’s not a typo.

The Om/One is a speaker like no other.  It’s as marvellously functional as it is aesthetically beautiful and will be a conversation starter at any gathering.

First of all, the Om/One delivers impeccable sound quality.  It offers a full and crisp audio performance that will make your music sound better than ever before.  One of the ways it accomplishes this is through it’s gravity-defying design.  Since the speaker actually levitates on it’s base, there are no outward vibrations to impede your listening experience.

Most Bluetooth speakers are designed to be portable, and the Om/One accomplishes this job perfectly as well.  The speaker orb of the Om/One can function without its base, meaning you can easily and conveniently take it with you anywhere to deliver high quality sound wherever you go.

The most important feature of the Om/One, of course, is its ability to hover when placed over its base.  While it plays your music, the Om/One effortlessly spins in place delivering the best sound experience you’ll ever receive from such a small unit.

Edited by Schu

Any speaker regardless of cost can sound like crap if not implemented into a system and listening room properly and to think that just because someone pays $20,000 for a loudspeaker should be exempt from these facts is not realistic.

As far as individual preferences and what represents a good value that's for each person to decide for themselves.

What always makes me shake my head is people going around expressing opinions without any first hand experience.

By the way anyone with some P39F that would like to trade for some KPT904 let me know I have 3 of them.... :-)

miketn

Mike,

Kevin Harmon listened to the PF-39, the new Klipschorn and the Jubilee in the same room consecutively and was not impressed. The Paladdium came in last place. All the time I have spent critically listening with Kevin, our absolute agreement on everything we both heard and didn't and liked or didn't. His big Klipsch collection and my experience with first hand listening with so many models. Yes, I would like to listen to Paladium just to say I have, but I don't have to to realize that they aren't ANYWHERE near all that as I take Kevins word for gospel AND you can't change the physics of their limited size. YES, they look pretty, but that is all I expect out of them...

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

sorry I spent 8 years in the military defending people rights. One of which is the freedom of speech so if I want to say palladiums aren't worth the asking price I will all day. If you like em let it go in one ear and out the other. People can say cinema sucks all day. I don't care. I know what I hear. One day I hope to be able to afford palladiums and I will buy them same as I buy every other speaker I can afford to side by side them with my favorites. Then if they are better I have no problem saying so

I hope I don't come off as a jerk.  If I do, somebody PM me and I'll take my post down.

+++

First of all, thank you for your service to our country.  You gave 8 years of your life to the military, the best 8 years of your young life and I think that deserves more respect than most people know.

+++

That being said, there is no Freedom of Speech as you have stated it.  The 1st amendment to the constitution essentially says "CONGRESS shall pass no law that abridges the freedom of speech."

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

I mean to be educational, not argumentative, but if a person says something bad about Klipsch speakers, and KLIPSCH, the owners of this discussion forum takes the post down, they have the right to do that, because no one has the "right" to free speech on THEIR board.  They are not the government, and there is no right to "free speech" in this context.

+++

That being said, in MY opinion, you can say anything you want about speakers.  It won't hurt my feelings.  :)

Edited by wvu80

I hope I don't come off as a jerk. If I do, somebody PM me and I'll take my post down.

+++

First of all, thank you for your service to our country. You gave 8 years of your life to the military, the best 8 years of your young life and I think that deserves more respect than most people know.

+++

That being said, there is no Freedom of Speech as you have stated it. The 1st amendment to the constitution essentially says "CONGRESS shall pass no law that abridges the freedom of speech."

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

I mean to be educational, not argumentative, but if a person says something bad about Klipsch speakers, and KLIPSCH, the owners of this discussion forum takes the post down, they have the right to do that, and no one has the "right" to free speech on THEIR board. They are not the government, and there is no right to "free speech" in this context.

+++

That being said, in MY opinion, you can say anything you want about speakers. It won't hurt my feelings. :)

your not hurting my feelings. And if Klipsch removed my post that is fine. It will not change how I feel about anything. But hey appreciate the education

your not hurting my feelings. And if Klipsch removed my post that is fine. It will not change how I feel about anything. But hey appreciate the education (Scrappy)

Thanks for saying so, Scrappy, and for being so understanding. 

I do appreciate and value your opinions, and the time you take sharing those opinions with others on the forum.  -Dave

Edited by wvu80

its easy to bash 20 grand speakers when yours cost 400

Budman,

Easy to bash $20,000 speakers when $7,000 Jubilees sound better, and a pair of $500 double MWM bins with a K-402, K-69 combo sound better yet!

Roger

so speaker A and speaker B sound better to kevin than speaker C           congrats

Edited by Budman

Can't we all agree that the Klipsch's most expensive top end speaker should be fantastic?

I can agree with that as well as expected.

And both guys that own lascalas thought they were mediocre.

To both of those guys that probably rang true at that time, at that place, with that equipment.

Another guys that heard them, Heard em at Klipsch next to 904's and rf-7ii's and the ones there all agreed the worst were the palladiums.

More evidence that opinions are just that and very subjective.

But it's not liked I've been talking to guys with 16 posts. Two are very frequent posters and the other guys has been around for years and heard every damn Klipsch ever made. So I trust them.

As well as you should trust them but again you might find a group of others that think the opposite is true.

For example, I think Carrabba's is by far the best "Italian" restaurant chain in the US, but I bet you can find 10 to my 1 that say Olive Garden is better.

Scrappy I am not here to pick at you in any way but each of our pairs of ears are different sizes, shaped differently, send nerve impulses back to our brains differently, which would result in them hearing differently.

I havd owned Klipschorns, belles, hereseys, la scalas, and had cornwalls in my home for about 1 month.  The Palladiums are significantly better than all of these.

See, another (his) opinion. 

You and I have agreed a lot here on the forum but that only means that our opinions were aligned on those examples.

With all that said, if ever I was to have a dedicated HT room, the KPT-904's would be right there at the top of my list. ;)  :D

"First of all, thank you for your service to our country.  You gave 8 years of your life to the military, the best 8 years of your young life and I think that deserves more respect than most people know."

With that I totally agree with without question. :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

Bill

Edited by willland