Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

It was with Roy Delgado, in the same room, with the same acoustics, on the same gear, at the same time!

Just to clarify it might have been the same room but how the loudspeakers were placed in the room and the interaction with the acoustical properties of the room would be one of the important variables that shouldn't be ignored when making any conclusions.

I guarantee you all the loudspeakers auditioned that day are capable of better performance than anyone heard if each had been optimized in setup and the acoustical treatment of the room had been optimized for each loudspeaker's unique performance features.

I really don't understand why some here feel that there is only one winner of "best loudspeaker" possible...!!!   None of these systems are perfect and each have areas they excel in and each have some weak areas and all have specific needs to reach their full potential.

miketn

So Mike,

From your perspective, did the Paladiums outshine the new Klipschorns and Jubilees??

Roger

From my perspective, on that day the P39F was the imaging winner but it is also important to know that the Jubilees were at a disadvantage that day because the room treatments were optimized for long wall placement of the KHorns or Jubs but they were located on the short wall which limited their imaging abilities. KHorns and Jubs are capable of excellent imaging if the setup and room acoustical treatment are optimized for them. 

I own Jubs and would love to own some P39F both are excellent reproducers of music both have different requirements to bring out their full potential.

miketn

Different perspectives from different people, everyones own hearing is a subjective thing. Sounds like your opinion differs from the perspective of Kevin and Richard.

For me, the difference between Jubilee and Klipschorn are not subtle at all. It doesn't take a long wall and a short wall or room acoustics or sans there of, for me to decipher between them, or between a Klipschorn and a Hersey for that matter. For Kevin the difference was clear also.

I will do some listening for myself someday, probably with Kevin an a trip to see Roy, until then, I will believe what Kevin has told me.

Are you coming to Hope in April Mike???

Roger 

That being said, in MY opinion, you can say anything you want about (my) speakers.  It won't hurt my feelings.  :)

Your speakers wear pink paisley combat boots. :ph34r:

Wow, that's kinda personal, isn't it?  I guess I was wrong about it not hurting my feelings... :(

I think you need your tubes tied!  (you do have a tube amp, don't you?  otherwise, this insult won't make a lick of sense...)

+++

And a Chevy truck WILL outrun a Corvette through the mud.  I'm from West Virginia; It's not what you have, it's how you use it. 

+++

And Youthman, we ARE doing what Chad and Klipsch wants; we are keeping this topic lively, because for Klipsch, it's all about creating some buzz for the product, baby. 

I expect Chad to get a big raise for this one.  B)

The ONLY Chevy truck that ever ran good in the Mud is an H1, and Chevy only made the power plant and they sold that!

I have personal experience in running Tug-A-truck from it's inception and a private mud track with my best friend and his brother who both owned new H1s. I've seen many Chevy's and Jeeps winched out! It works a lot better with 4 wheel independent and the pig up in the frame with the axles geared in at the top of the rim, not to mention CTIS!!!

Roger

Different perspectives from different people, everyones own hearing is a subjective thing. Sounds like your opinion differs from the perspective of Kevin and Richard.

Richard's style of listening is he turns his system up and goes outside... :P  We definitely listen for different things in music reproduction... :D

For me, the difference between Jubilee and Klipschorn are not subtle at all. It doesn't take a long wall and a short wall or room acoustics or sans there of, for me to decipher between them, or between a Klipschorn and a Hersey for that matter. For Kevin the difference was clear also.

Yes the difference between the Klipschorn and the Jubilee is not subtle for me also but that doesn't take away from the still formidable performance an optimized Klipschorn installment is capable of. :)  

Are you coming to Hope in April Mike???

Roger I will have to see what is going on around that time to know if I can get away in April. Always nice to revisit friends and make new ones at these events.

Take Care

miketn

The ONLY Chevy truck that ever ran good in the Mud is an H1, and Chevy only made the power plant and they sold that!

I have personal experience in running Tug-A-truck from it's inception and a private mud track with my best friend and his brother who both owned new H1s. I've seen many Chevy's and Jeeps winched out! It works a lot better with 4 wheel independent and the pig up in the frame with the axles geared in at the top of the rim, not to mention CTIS!!!

Planetary gears rule. But, those H1's don't flex very well and have a low breakover angle. Most any jeep, even an old cherokee, will run all over them on the rocks. They are awesome in the mud though. Unfortunately we don't fight wars in the mud so that wasn't real smart.

I cut my teeth in business in the off-road world, used to sell winches and lift kits and whatnot. Been rock crawling in Arizona, went to several competitions, etc.

Let's get back on topic guys, or I'll lock this thread.

Oh Chad,

The original content to this thread is really played out, it kind of Bores me at this point and I doubt that there aren't others with the same perspective at this Point! Let Audiovox have their little secret until they decides to launch it....show of hands, who cares???

I for one made a few guesses, but I for one will not be excited unless it has to do with Jubilee or Heritage and I sure don't see that as a good financial descision.

I bought my mom an RF-7 surround system and didn't get excited when the RF-7IIs came out and a TOTALLY new RF series is going to excite me less than Paladium as NONE of it is Paul Wilbur Klipsch for me!

Lock the thread if you need to bang on your chest but that is sure as heck (not the appropriate word here) NOT how Amy would handle it.... but do what ever gives you that great New Years feeling.

Roger

• Like 3

My speculation....new Heritage series with all new horns and crossovers, add matched center and rear speakers (with an Atmos option). The clue is back to its roots....$2.5k to $10k, etc.....

Have any of us looked at the trend in the High End lately? What we used to call expensive ($2k -$5k) has become the fastest growing segment of industry!!!! Klipsch knows this, but can hardly get a whiff from a reviewer! These speakers (IMHO) will refresh the Classic Heritage, made in the US, and will feature new innards. This will give the Audio snobs something new to gawk at (seeing that horns are now regaining popularity and no longer have the typical horn sound). Klipsch saw that others have gained rave reviews from designs inspired by Klipsch ... Now they want a piece of that tasty pie!!! Book it ;) !!!! If I'm wrong.....forget the book :rotfl: !!!!!

• Like 1

I believe currently there are so many missed opportunities with the Heritage line, it really would be nice to see them all updated to their potential with current technology. Just the large number of aftermarket businesses profiting on "upgrades" and selling replacement parts should be a clue.

• Administrators
Lock the thread if you need to bang on your chest but that is sure as heck (not the appropriate word here) NOT how Amy would handle it.... but do what ever gives you that great New Years feeling.

uh, yeah... not beating my chest. Just doing a very common forum thing, and that is attempting to keep a topic on-topic.  

Come on Chad, throw us a bone and we'll start the speculation band wagon back up.

OK, here's a riddle that, when solved, may get you more information before the 6th:.

Gillette

Steamboat #1

Bozo the Clown

Chuck Noll

OK, here's a riddle that, when solved, may get you more information before the 6th:.

Gillette

Steamboat #1

Bozo the Clown

Chuck Noll

King Camp Gillette was born, Chuck Noll was born, and Bozo the Clown premiered, on January 5. I have no idea what Steamboat #1 is but I bet it has something to do with January 5.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Gillette

Steamboat #1

Bozo the Clown

Chuck Noll

King Camp Gillette (January 5, 1855 – July 9, 1932)

1859 - First steamboat sails, Red River.

1959 - Bozo the Clown live children's show premieres on TV.

1932 - Birth of Chuck Noll in Cleveland, Ohio, USA; NFL coach (Pittsburgh Steelers).

Ok, these are all things that happened on Jan 5th...

• Like 1