Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

its easy to bash 20 grand speakers when yours cost 400

Budman,

Easy to bash $20,000 speakers when $7,000 Jubilees sound better, and a pair of $500 double MWM bins with a K-402, K-69 combo sound better yet!

Roger

so speaker A and speaker B sound better to kevin than speaker C           congrats

Yes, and it didn't have to do with a snotty AZZ $400 speaker comment, nor was it judging Paladiums in the same environment at a different date!

It was with Roy Delgado, in the same room, with the same acoustics, on the same gear, at the same time!

And, why were at it Budman, do you know Kevin??

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

If you switch speakers for cars, this conversation equates to Ford fans who have only owned and driven Mustangs, going and bashing the new Corvettes in a vague and non-tangible way. It makes no sense.

I see it more like Mustang owners giving opinions on the Ford GT supercar. They've never driven it, but it IS suspiciously mediocre in the supercar realm.

That's just what I've gotten from others' posts...

IMO, the P-39f actually is the holy grail to me. It hits all the right marks on my personal checklist.

If you switch speakers for cars, this conversation equates to Ford fans who have only owned and driven Mustangs, going and bashing the new Corvettes in a vague and non-tangible way. It makes no sense.

Metro guy,

It is Klipsch vs: Klipsch, so Ford vs: Chevy doesn't count................ BUT, if you relate to Mustangs...........

It would be more like one of the newer Cobra Jet white mustangs will blow the doors off of a Ford GT (the ones styled after the GT-40)

Sure the Ford GT / Klipsch Paladium PF-39 costs a lot more than the Mustang Cobra Jet / Klipsch Jubilee!

Sure the Ford GT / Paladium PF-39 has a lot sexier lines than the old school, bulky big box Mustang Cobra Jet / Klipsch Jubilee!

But,.... That Mustang Cobra Jet can blow the doors off of a Ford GT in straight line acceleration and That big old school box Klipsch Jubilee can acoustically outperform a Klipsch Paladium PF-39!

I have posted second hand listening from Kevin Harmon that has A,B and C tested the new Klipschorn, the Jubilee, and the Paladium PF-39 and who has owned, listened too and does own more Klipsch speakers in his personal collection than anyone I see posting in this thread. I have not seen anybody that has posted that says they have personally or know anyone who personally A/B'd the Paladium and new Klipsch Horn or Jubilee.

I am sure there are others here who would take Kevins word for it like Coytee for example......

Roger

I see it more like Mustang owners giving opinions on the Ford GT supercar. They've never driven it, but it IS suspiciously mediocre in the supercar realm.

That's just what I've gotten from others' posts...

IMO, the P-39f actually is the holy grail to me. It hits all the right marks on my personal checklist.

MattSER,

See my post on the Ford GT vs: the Mustang Cobra Jet!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

I am sure there are others here who would take Kevins word for it like Coytee for example......

I don't need to take 'Shorty's' (Kevin) word for it....  I heard them side by side.....  Palladiums sound fantastic but it's hard to beat horn loaded cubic inches.  Now, let's keep the 'Shorty' comment amongst ourselves mmmmmkay?  That Kevin dude used to box and I want to keep my face pretty.

:)

I don't need to take 'Shorty's' (Kevin) word for it....  I heard them side by side.....  Palladiums sound fantastic but it's hard to beat horn loaded cubic inches.  Now, let's keep the 'Shorty' comment amongst ourselves mmmmmkay?  That Kevin dude used to box and I want to keep my face pretty.

:)

Richard,

I'll keep mum about the "shorty" comment until Kevin and I hook up with you in April..... mmmmKay???

Roger

It is Klipsch vs: Klipsch, so Ford vs: Chevy doesn't count................ BUT, if you relate to Mustangs...........

except we are talking about the same brand. so just different mustangs if you wanna stick with cars. sooo your post makes no sense. but thats ok. i'm just glad your here

Maybe a a Chevy SS vs. Corvette comparison will make you guys happy. It HAS to be a Corvette. Those are the rules. ;) I just couldn't think of any other car that has more blind fanboys than a Mustang. :)

But yeah the Ford GT probably makes more sense. They don't get bashed much though. For some reason some mustang guys like to bash corvettes.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I wonder how do the Palladiums stack up to the RF-7ii's? or the RF-83's?

My question would be how it would compare to the Revel Ultima Salon 2, mainly because they cost about the same and I've actually been around the Revel's, they're pretty insane. I should hope that comparing them to RF-7ii's would be a waste of time.

except we are talking about the same brand. so just different mustangs if you wanna stick with cars. sooo your post makes no sense. but thats ok. i'm just glad your here

Maybe a a Chevy SS vs. Corvette comparison will make you guys happy. It HAS to be a Corvette. Those are the rules. ;) I just couldn't think of any other car that has more blind fanboys than a Mustang. :)

But yeah the Ford GT probably makes more sense. They don't get bashed much though. For some reason some mustang guys like to bash corvettes.

I thought my Mustang Cobra Jet vs: Cobra GT dumbed it down enough for you!

A a Ford Cammer owner, I must interject that while we know all about Bose, we don't do those either!

Now as far as your SS comment goes, a Chevy truck is not going to outrun a Corvette, so your reference is not relative, although new trucks are approaching Corvette pricing!

Roger

• Like 1

Now as far as your SS comment goes, a Chevy truck is not going to outrun a Corvette, so your reference is not relative, although new trucks are approaching Corvette pricing!

http://www.chevrolet.com/ss-sports-sedan.html

SS stands for Sports Sedan. It's like a poor man's Cadillac CTS-V, with 90's styling and for some reason still costs a minimum of 45 grand. They're like a Cavalier on steroids.

http://www.chevrolet.com/ss-sports-sedan.html

SS stands for Sports Sedan. It's like a poor man's Cadillac CTS-V, with 90's styling and for some reason still costs a minimum of 45 grand.

That is not a Car, that is an Automobile....There is a difference, you do know this right???

Roger