Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

BTW that speaker is totally a frankenstein DIY fiasco.

Thx for clarifying. Honestly, it "appears" to be well designed as far as aethetics go.  IMO, it looks like something that Klipsch could have produced.
Yeah I thought that speaker looked like a chop Photoshop job.

Thanks for the link, Chad!

Evidently that big tower picture wasn't a chop -- it looks to be a new wireless Reference Premiere speaker.

There will also apparently be an Atmos-enabled tower speaker but I didn't see any details about that speaker.

The new Reference Premiere speakers do look to be nice updates to the Reference II line, but I didn't see any direct replacements for the RB-81II, RC-64II, RS-62II, or the RF-7II. In other words, the largest speakers in the Reference II line don't look like they've been updated. So, one wonders, will these speakers be discontinued (as is my expection for the RS-62II and the RB-81II) or carried forward (as is my expectation for the RC-64II and the RF-7II)? Or will the RF-7II / RC-64II / RB-81II / RS-62 II remain as the highest-end Reference home theater package?

I am intrigued by the new silicone rubber horns -- what will they do to the famous Klipsch sound?

Edited by Schwa

One might surmise that one could possibly get a sneak peek at something around this time, somewhere on the webhttp://www.cesweb.org/Press/Press-Events-Schedule/2015/PRESS-DAY-VOXX-International-Press-Conference.aspx

Also, lunch is an important meal of the day.

Thanks for the link, Chad.  :)   Now I have nothing to look forward to on Tuesday.  :(

Well, lunch maybe.  :)

• Moderators
The Atmos speakers look interesting

I didn't realize they had Atmos speakers in them.  Wonder if it is on all models?

One question I have is if this is where do these fit in the Tier of the Reference Speakers?  Is this the top tier now in the Reference?  If so, I'm not seeing how the RP-280F is supposed to hang with the RF-7ii.  Not to sound negative but.. dual 8" vs dual 10".  Wouldn't that be a downgrade?

The Atmos speakers look interesting

I didn't realize they had Atmos speakers in them.  Wonder if it is on all models?

One question I have is if this is where do these fit in the Tier of the Reference Speakers?  Is this the top tier now in the Reference?  If so, I'm not seeing how the RP-280F is supposed to hang with the RF-7ii.  Not to sound negative but.. dual 8" vs dual 10".  Wouldn't that be a downgrade?

It also looks like a "1 driver in the horn as well  (Im guessing that is the rf-82ii with a make over). The 64 (or 54 in this case) looks like it only has a 1" as well. And no real wood now. 

So the big launch is a reference ii line make over then? 

Edited by Cinema_head