Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

I saw some real technology innovations there.  The horns are compressed molded rubber instead of plastic.

Sounds like a prophylactic solution to humming in the horns.

You just slid that one in there nicely, didn't you?  :lol:

• Moderators

Additional thoughts...

I think it's a good move for Klipsch to embrace the newest Atmos Technology.  This will allow them to be relevant with the evolving technology.

Looks like the RP-450C (assuming has quad 5" drivers) and RP-440 (assuming has quad 4" drivers) will fit more entertainment centers being that they are likely slightly smaller than the current RC-64ii.  Not sure if that's a good thing though.

The majority will likely place the center channel inside a cabinet.  Is it a good idea to have a rear port when the speaker will be enclosed in a cabinet?

The center channels appear to be angled at the top.  Does this mean that the woofers will angled slightly downward?  If so, what if the center is mounted say below a projection screen on the floor on a small speaker mount?

I saw some real technology innovations there.  The horns are compressed molded silicon instead of plastic.  That is a major change in a vital component.

Are you being sarcastic lol :)

Usually yes, but not this time!  B)

There are a LOT of tech mods many of us do to hot rod our Klipsch speakers; damp the horn (I used silicon on mine), change out the diaphragms to titanium, sometimes swap out woofers.  ALL those changes were made to the new Premier speaker line.

It sounds to me like Klipsch is listening to its customers.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Chad, I'm assuming the higher end speakers (RF-7ii, RB-81ii, RC-64ii) will get replaced at a later date?  Is that a correct assumption?

I don't have a definitive answer to this question... sorry. They live on for now!

• Moderators
All RP (except surrounds of course) are angled back at roughly 2 degrees.

That would make sense then why the top of the speaker is angled forward (guessing 2 degrees) since the bottom of the speaker is angled up by 2 degrees.

• Moderators

Chad, I'm assuming the higher end speakers (RF-7ii, RB-81ii, RC-64ii) will get replaced at a later date?  Is that a correct assumption?

I don't have a definitive answer to this question... sorry. They live on for now!

"They live on for now" is a definitive statement in itself.  :P

I saw some real technology innovations there.  The horns are compressed molded silicon instead of plastic.  That is a major change in a vital component.

Are you being sarcastic lol :)

Usually yes, but not this time!  B)

There are a LOT of tech mods many of us do to hot rod our Klipsch speakers; damp the horn (I used silicon on mine), change out the diaphragms to titanium, sometimes swap out woofers.  ALL those changes were made to the new Premier speaker line.

It sounds to me like Klipsch is listening to its customers.

Bare in mind this is just a guess. But my guess is that the rf82ii and the new rp280 would be pretty hard to pic out in a blind test. This is just going by what history has shown us in regard to upgrading the same speaker on other speakers before. The rf82 vs the rf82ii was said to have a ton of upgrades as well and they turned out to be almost the same speaker. 

Edited by Cinema_head

My concern is that the RS-62II is evidently going the way of the dodo with no replacement. I thought it might be carried forward just to provide an optimum surround speaker match for the RF-7II / RC-64II combo (which is soldiering on).

Life support is probably closer to what the 7s and 64s are on. We heard the new bigger speakers are coming later in the year. 

• Moderators

Chad, with all due respect and no sarcasm intended, can you share what makes the Premiere Line "Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years"?  Is it because of technology changes (Atmos etc)  Is it because you are launching more new speakers at once than you have in the past?

• Like 1

Nice... I like it a lot. looks like a good direction for the masses.

I like the look of the new horn shapes... are there Fluid Dynamic graphs that can be shared with the forum?

Edited by Schu

• Moderators
My concern is that the RS-62II is evidently going the way of the dodo with no replacement.

We don't know that.  They have not discontinued the RS-62ii so they would still be the perfect match for the RF-7ii (which are current models as well). 

If Klipsch decides to phase out the RF-7ii with something else down the road, they will have a new surround that will be matched to it.

• Moderators
Life support is probably closer to what the 7s and 64s are on. We heard the new bigger speakers are coming later in the year.

Did they actually say bigger speakers or did they say big news?  I'm just trying to get clarification on what exactly the "Big News" is. 

Chad, with all due respect and no sarcasm intended, can you share what makes the Premiere Line "Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years"?

It's because they never had a 30 page thread on the subject.. :P

That's pretty funny.  Can I get a small portion of their marketing budget?  :D