Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

• Moderators

That would be exciting. I hope that's the case too just to tame the naysayers . Lol.

I do see what your saying about Klipsch getting back to its roots. Not sure how yesterday's reveal fulfills that.

A few more observations...

Chad didn't answer the question about the riddle.

Chad did mention there would be a few surprises throughout the week.

Chad did not comment when I asked how yesterday's reveal made it the Biggest Launch in Years.

He might just be busy (he does have other responsibilities)...or he may be holding out on us.

Guess time will tell...

I appreciate the effort in the new product launch however I'm not a big fan of hyperbole.  34 pages of hype of speculation for a mid level unveiling is not what I was expecting when I read the title of the thread. 

However, it didn't cost much more than a little of your time. 

If you didn't like the products being developed by Klipsch, perhaps that's because you probably aren't a typical Klipsch customer in terms of buying habits.  PWK once mentioned that he launched his company with the Klipschorn but it was Heresy sales that kept the company afloat most of those first 50 years.

Expectations aren't really sacred, especially those that cost you nothing.  And disappointment is as much a product of the beholder's own mind as any other source.  I believe that Klipsch lived up to their implied promise but then again I see Klipsch as a finite company with perhaps ~150 employees(?), not some huge marketing machine like Bose or Apple, so I cut them a little slack in terms of my own personal expectations.  They've delivered outstanding products in the past--and my listening room testifies to that fact.  Each one of those loudspeaker designs represented in my room took much longer than a year each to develop.  I'm not sure how much most people not in technical product development understand how much effort and time it takes for each product.  I know how much it takes: a lot more than any buyers actually see.

Chris

• Like 1

What is a real compression driver? Is that what is used in the Heritage line?

Perhaps I don't understand the implications of your question, so I'll answer it straightforwardly: just about every Klipsch loudspeaker design uses at least one compression driver attached to a horn.

A real compression driver looks and sounds like any other compression driver - it's a matter of terminology.  Sometimes we get excited by our own creations (real or imagined), like Pygmalion.

Edited by Chris A

• Administrators
He might just be busy

Also, I said there MAY be more surprises this week. I don't know yet if that's the case, in all honesty. I just work here ;-)

I know there are a couple things displayed in the booth that we aren't allowed to talk about (for debatable reasons), but I can say that most of you guys here wouldn't care about that. ;-)

Also, the riddle was just me having fun with you all. As I said already, the major announcement was "purposefully leaked" yesterday due to the press event.

As for what makes this all the "biggest launch in years", it definitely is in terms of the amount of products and the re-imagining of the Reference line, and that includes the WiSA and Atmos stuff, plus the new headphones. There are also many other products being launched throughout this year that will interest various types of customers.

"Getting back to our roots" is a big-picture thing. 

None of this is hyperbole as we see it. It's our livelihood and our passion as a company. We like our jobs. Hell I could do web development literally ANYWHERE. I choose Klipsch.

• Like 1

If you didn't like the products being developed by Klipsch, perhaps that's because you probably aren't a typical Klipsch customer in terms of buying habits

What in any of my posts led you to believe that?  Where was that indicated?

EDIT, go back and read post 335.

Edited by CECAA850

• Moderators

What is a real compression driver? Is that what is used in the Heritage line?

Perhaps I don't understand the implications of your question, so I'll answer it straightforwardly: just about every Klipsch loudspeaker design uses at least one compression driver attached to a horn.

A real compression driver looks and sounds like any other compression driver - it's a matter of terminology.  Sometimes we get excited by our own creations (real or imagined), like Pygmalion.

My question was in response to this statement:

Where are the wood veneer speakers with real compression drivers? I think we are going to see them in a couple of hours.

What in any of my posts led you to believe that? Where was that indicated?

Easy, partner. 

My comments are actually are meant to increase personal happiness, not decrease it, and were not directed at any individual.  I've found that expectations and how they're handled seem to be a source of many problems nowadays: nothing more.  But it seems that expectations tend to rise without bound.

Edited by Chris A