Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

• Administrators
All the time in the world to chill when you are listening to your new dual eight inch Reference loudspeakers but Heritage lovers may not share your point of view

So, the crux of what you have been spouting on about boils down to something like, "I don't like these new products they are announcing, so they are going to crash and burn!" 

Because that's how you are coming off.

It's perfectly OK to not be into a product or product type because of your personal preference. It's also OK to state your opinion on that matter. But you keep this "sky is falling"/"PWK is spinning in his grave" crap going and going and it's looking a bit absurd, and it gets very old to be honest. 

• Like 2

Moray, you are a super smart and sensible guy. I always respect what you have to say, but I am a bit concerned.

I like the Klipsch forums. I hope they stay around. In order for that to happen, Klipsch has to exist. They are not operating like this because they WANT to. They are operating like this because they NEED to. In such a small market, loudspeakers is a very competitive one. Not only that, but people are restoring old well made speakers which reduces the new speaker market even more. One last thing. As it was stated before. If we want change, we need to talk to the retailers. The biggest ones are likely Newegg and Best buy, but I may be wrong. On this little side alley of Klipsch, we cannot effect change without making it make sense to the bottom line. Klipsch is a business. This forum is a neighborhood.

Sorry to counter-rant, but I think there is just too much of this ill will going on. My comments in no way threaten Klipsch or this forum. Opinions come from all points of view.

Thanks for your comments and you kind words also. I understand that Klipsch are doing what they believe that they have to to survive and that is what they are doing and have announced this week. Restored loudspeakers may account for a very small percentage of lost sales but I would bet that they result in more new sales than they cost the company. I know that I have friends who have bought Klipsch Reference after hearing my older but modified models simply because they are not interested in a complex project. Klipsch customers have made their preferences very clear and I believe that Klipsch is catering to the customers which matter the most which are those who are spending money. As far as I can see a large chunk of Forum members don't buy a lot of new. I believe that what Klipsch is making and the direction they are moving in is the one they feel will keep them alive. I don't have to agree with that direction. I miss the old Klipsch and the new product has no interest for me at all. As I see it the company is going away (far away) from the PWK days but that is to be expected as those days are as dead as Paul is.

This is not ill will it is difference of opinion and values. This is normal this happens in families all the time. To think or to expect otherwise is simply not realistic. The last home speakers that Klipsch made which were of interest to me were the CF series. So give it some time and I will probably go away as there will be nothing of interest to keep me here. Best regards Moray James.

hope none of you guys held your breath for this release. If Paul were alive he would be handing the market dept. a yellow button. Oh boy they said it was going to be a major release, what a load of BS. Don't think I am not interested to listen because I am but I don't need to listen to know I am not interested in a dual eight. Just my take on it, disagree if you like but the new corporate stamp has been embossed and what you see now is what you get. Best regards Moray James.

PS: plain Jane look, smaller, plastic parts,silicone rubber and 8 inch is as big as it gets. say can we get one of those rubber horns to use a jello mold? Horns with 90x90 dispersion may as well be a dome tweeter ooops it is a dome tweeter not a pro quality compression driver in sight. So long Paul so long Klipsch. You guys had better buy your Heritage speakers like the upgraded Heresy and the upgraded LaScala ll while you still can the writing is very much upon the wall and the story is bleak. Cornwall with a K701 mid horn and the Khorm dieing a slow death of old age (no ability to adjust mid and hi horns) (no attempt to extend the bass horn bandwidth by use of a better suited woofer). Those with the coin should be contacting Roy Delgado and buying as many Jubilee as you can afford right now, they are the sound bargain of this century.

i have to agree with you -  i  was very excited to see what they would bring out - i was ready to sell my 82's if they made a new RF 5 or a 3 way etc, - but i feel as if they really didnt do anything special - i mean i am sure they will sound great  -  

i get it - they have to cater to the HT group - theres no way around that and thats fine - but  make a good two channel line at least -  glad i kept my 82's and got my forte II now to play with -  very happy i got them - 

i guess i never hear them since no one around here even carries them -  only best buy with the low end -  i am sure they will sell very well - which is a good think for us -  at least klipsch dosnt go under anytime soon -  

hope this dosnt sound bad -  i love Klipsch and always will - 

All Hail The Queen! (I believe we're all supposed to repeat this in unison until she enters the room.)

Does this mean Chad is King?

NO, Chad is the court Jester, I think they also had another name for it that started with an "F", now what was THAT word???

Just ribbing ya Chad!

Roger

• Like 2

Seems like it could be sweet for some. Bummer they are all wireless. If there isn't an option for wired in powered ones down the road I'll prolly never end up owning any of this line. Have a feeling the concept ones you showed also are powered and not gonna be a matching center. Which would out those out of the picture as well bummer

Nah we need some black reference cones. Gotta separate them from the new "reference" best buy thingy ma bobs they have now.

How about putting the PWK logo on the dust covers to give them a little more distinguishing from the BB stuff.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of any of the new stuff. Even the name bothers me. Reference premier? If it's the Premier, shouldn't it be better quality than the current reference line? They should have named it something completely different. I think its a little offensive to current reference owners.

I didn't read the 40 pages before this, so I'm sure a lot of this has been said. A reasonably priced 3 way tower would have been nice. At the RF7II price, they should be able to add a mid. I'm sure they sell a whole lot more lower end best buy model stuff. Business wise it makes more sense to appeal the masses, but I have no interest.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of any of the new stuff. Even the name bothers me. Reference premier? If it's the Premier, shouldn't it be better quality than the current reference line? They should have named it something completely different. I think its a little offensive to current reference owners.

I didn't read the 40 pages before this, so I'm sure a lot of this has been said. A reasonably priced 3 way tower would have been nice. At the RF7II price, they should be able to add a mid. I'm sure they sell a whole lot more lower end best buy model stuff. Business wise it makes more sense to appeal the masses, but I have no interest.

How is it offensive to current Reference owners? These Reference Premiere models look like they should out perform the current Ref ii models(RF-7 aside as no successor has been revealed).