Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

I will be excited to see the new Atmos towers and am curious what they have for us that already have our speakers...That said, I think you Heritage guys are nuts if you think there is a market for those large footprint speakers no matter their illustrious history in the 2 Channel era. :huh:

guess I'm crazy! sorry, I mean "nuts." ROTFLMAO!!!

In related news...I'm pretty stoked about the new headphones actually...

Man... they are so freaking comfortable... like light pillows on your ears. And you know they sound great. I can't wait to get a pair for myself.

They do visibly appear to be a good follow up to the Reference One's.  I love those headphones.  I might just wait on getting my second set to make sure I get a pair of the new ones.  This is probably the most excited I've been about a new product in a long time.

And I'm sure there will be pics posted on social media (by us and press) of things in the booth!

TDK, by Chad's statement, I believe he is saying they may have a prototype at CES Booth.

Dolby Atmos.    Will there be additional speakers that have them?

Yes.

And the reason why there is a line-drawing of that Atmos tower (and nothing more on the site) is because they are "hot off the presses" and not quite ready for the photo booth or specs table in an official capacity. But they will be soon! And I'm sure there will be pics posted on social media (by us and press) of things in the booth!

Wait. Is announcing the new Dolby Atmos speakers from Klipsch not happening this week?

Youthman is correct. In fact, if you take a look at http://ces.klipsch.com/products.html

You'll notice something different.

Based on the picture...and I understand if you can't comment...it appears those atmos speakers are separate from the tower?  Is that right?  If so, it'd keep the old models fairly current. :o

hope none of you guys held your breath for this release. If Paul were alive he would be handing the market dept. a yellow button. Oh boy they said it was going to be a major release, what a load of BS. Don't think I am not interested to listen because I am but I don't need to listen to know I am not interested in a dual eight. Just my take on it, disagree if you like but the new corporate stamp has been embossed and what you see now is what you get. Best regards Moray James.

PS: plain Jane look, smaller, plastic parts,silicone rubber and 8 inch is as big as it gets. say can we get one of those rubber horns to use a jello mold? Horns with 90x90 dispersion may as well be a dome tweeter ooops it is a dome tweeter not a pro quality compression driver in sight. So long Paul so long Klipsch. You guys had better buy your Heritage speakers like the upgraded Heresy and the upgraded LaScala ll while you still can the writing is very much upon the wall and the story is bleak. Cornwall with a K701 mid horn and the Khorm dieing a slow death of old age (no ability to adjust mid and hi horns) (no attempt to extend the bass horn bandwidth by use of a better suited woofer). Those with the coin should be contacting Roy Delgado and buying as many Jubilee as you can afford right now, they are the sound bargain of this century.

• Like 1

Moray, you are a super smart and sensible guy. I always respect what you have to say, but I am a bit concerned.

I like the Klipsch forums. I hope they stay around. In order for that to happen, Klipsch has to exist. They are not operating like this because they WANT to. They are operating like this because they NEED to. In such a small market, loudspeakers is a very competitive one. Not only that, but people are restoring old well made speakers which reduces the new speaker market even more. One last thing. As it was stated before. If we want change, we need to talk to the retailers. The biggest ones are likely Newegg and Best buy, but I may be wrong. On this little side alley of Klipsch, we cannot effect change without making it make sense to the bottom line. Klipsch is a business. This forum is a neighborhood.

Sorry to counter-rant, but I think there is just too much of this ill will going on. 

• Like 4

• Administrators

They don't have any other products on their site in the RefII tab except the RF7II.......so what happend to the RC64II??

Look under Center Speakers: http://www.klipsch.com/center-speaker

(the RC-42II should no longer be listed there though.... I gotta fix that)

I should note that all the Ref II speakers are searchable via the site and still available to buy on our site at our posted 20% discount with a promo code REF20 (for a limited time) - and of course free standard shipping.

I wonder why they didn't make it a three way?

size and cost are the most obvious answers. Performance in smaller rooms are better catered to with a good two way not a three way. Best regards Moray James.
I understand that but they could have made one of the woofers a midrange no extra charge there and the only extra cost would have been a better crossover which I think is needed anyway just add $50