Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

I know a lot of you are saying what makes this the biggest launch in years. I was aware of the new ref III lineup yesterday but I did not see this page till today http://ces.klipsch.com/products.html That's a lot of products being brought to market at once. I'm pretty excited now about some of this new stuff. Any word when we will see pricing for the Atmos stuff?

• Administrators

Nothing yet on Twitter...

You should probably check your Twitter timeline or visit http://CES.Klipsch.com  at 11 AM EST. #CES2015 surprises ahead...

That was a scheduled tweet that was made before we made the decision to "leak" the announcement a day early. But if you go there now you should see the RP video. and links to product pages

• Moderators

Strong statement from Paul Jacobs, CEO..."This is not an evolution of anything we've ever done before, this is THE revolution that Klipsch has been working of for the past 10 years."

I'm looking forward to hearing these for myself.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'm glad to finally see the speakers in a video as opposed to a static image.  They do look very nice and if they are what they claim to be, they will sound amazing as well.  Chad, when will local dealers have these for demo?  I know that's a vague question since dealers get to purchase when and what.  Now that I think about it, I'll just call my local dealers and see if / when they will have some for demo.  I would be interested in hearing them myself.

• Like 1

Tweet just came in.

That's where I thought they were going.  If their claims of "lower distortion" are borne out (and I have no reason to suspect that they won't be), this IS a big shift in the way that Klipsch has been addressing the home theater loudspeaker marketplace based on what I've heard and seen in the past.

YMMV.

I, for one, would like to hear these loudspeakers.  It may be that these new products bring something to the table that even the Heresy III cannot deliver.  But that's just my observation based on what I've seen thus far and understand in terms of "return to basics" on horn-loaded loudspeaker design.  Little things make a huge difference with horns: that's what I've learned from Roy, and from first-hand experience with my K-510/K-402s.  Good drivers/outstanding horn design/attention to detail in terms of polars, distortion sources, and sound field around the loudspeakers, while maintaining a reasonable price point.

Chris

Edited by Chris A

• Moderators

Price Comparison (although the RC-64ii doesn't have an exact comparable model)

RF-82ii - $600 each (plus 20% off with code)

RP-280F - $675 each

RF-62ii - $500 each (plus 20% off with code)

RP-260F - $525 each

RF-52ii - $375 each (plus 20% off with code)

RP-250F - $400 each

RC-64ii - $1399

RP-450C - $650

RP-440C - (Link on website is broken)

RC-52ii - $369 (plus 20% off with code)

RP-250C - $450

RB-61ii - $549.99 (plus 20% off with code)

RP-160M - $600 pair

RB-51ii - $419 pair (plus 20% off with code)

RP-150M - $500 pair

RS-52ii - $425 each (plus 20% off with code)

RP-250S - $450 each

RS-42ii - $290 each (plus 20% off with code)

RP-240S - $325 each

• Like 1