Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

• Moderators

Chad, I was assuming that the new Premiere Series Floorstanding Speakers had the Dolby Atmos speaker in them but now I'm thinking that may not be the case after looking at the Details page for each speaker since there is no mention of Dolby Atmos. 

Will there be additional speakers that have them?

CES_New-Products_Dobly-Atmos.jpg

tkdamerica - I agree with you we'll never see a new speaker design that looks like a Belle.

But - why can't we have a high end, real wood veneer 3 way design like the Palladium but without the $20K price tag.  I'm sorry but a 2 woofer, high frequency horn design will NEVER sound like a compression driver mated to a 600hz horn.

BTW, I own a set of RF-62 ii and yes they sound ridiculously good, I mean crazy good.  But I still prefer the sound of a Heresy.

• Moderators

Is that a made in China RC-64? :o

I guess its actually the RP-450C...amazingly priced MSRP at $650! 

The RP-450C has 5" drivers as opposed to 6.5" drivers in the RC-64.  It's the baby brother to the RC-64.  :P

I was ready to get my Cornwalls up for sale........I think I'll just keep 'em.  I will listen to the new RF's when available for demo though. 

So this is the new "revolution"? As I've said before - a lot of speakers will be sold, that's the end game of business. If Steve Mejias was still writing for Stereophile - they might get a review in his canceled column "The Entry Level".  Will the Reference III series be carried by B&M dealers only or by Best Buy, Amazon, and Newegg?  I will remain optimistic as to the success of this series (as I believe it will be very successful).  I do wonder where is Klipsch headed in the new high-end market (Palladium, Heritage), will it abandon it (the high-end) all together? 

I do wonder where is Klipsch headed in the new high-end market (Palladium, Heritage), will it abandon it (the high-end) all together?

I read an article (can't seem to find it now however).  Someone form Klipsch was stating that the low end market was ultra competitive and that they would concentrate more on upper level speakers where profit margins are greater.  Specifics weren't given however.  Wish I could find it.

• Like 1

But - why can't we have a high end, real wood veneer 3 way design like the Palladium but without the $20K price tag

I cant think of any real reason.....maybe it would add $500 to a rf7? I bet there would be buyers....just try to find some klf's close to you, they go quick.

Is that a made in China RC-64? :o

I guess its actually the RP-450C...amazingly priced MSRP at $650! 

The RP-450C has 5" drivers as opposed to 6.5" drivers in the RC-64.  It's the baby brother to the RC-64.  :P

Nice to see a cherry finish option

RP-450C-Angle-Cherry_635544921659176000.

I do wonder where is Klipsch headed in the new high-end market (Palladium, Heritage), will it abandon it (the high-end) all together?

I read an article (can't seem to find it now however).  Someone form Klipsch was stating that the low end market was ultra competitive and that they would concentrate more on upper level speakers where profit margins are greater.  Specifics weren't given however.  Wish I could find it.

When they said upper level - I think they're talking more like mid level (pricing wise)...but even that level has become "ultra competitive".  The $1k speaker that performs like a $3K speaker is very competitive indeed! 

• Like 1

Honestly, in pretty much all of Audio/Video there is efficiency with new technology and lower price points are to be expected...That said, aren't they introducing a new Atmost tower this week? Let's face it, if they could put the sound of a Lascala with sub in the footprint of these Reference towers they would. Then again, who would buy it (in a larger footprint) given modern technology and the 'new' market which is Home Theater.

Edited by tkdamerica

• Administrators
Dolby Atmos.    Will there be additional speakers that have them?

Yes.

And the reason why there is a line-drawing of that Atmos tower (and nothing more on the site) is because they are "hot off the presses" and not quite ready for the photo booth or specs table in an official capacity. But they will be soon! And I'm sure there will be pics posted on social media (by us and press) of things in the booth!

Yes.

And the reason why there is a line-drawing of that Atmos tower (and nothing more on the site) is because they are "hot off the presses" and not quite ready for the photo booth or specs table in an official capacity. But they will be soon! And I'm sure there will be pics posted on social media (by us and press) of things in the booth!

Wait. Is announcing the new Dolby Atmos speakers from Klipsch not happening this week?

• Administrators

And I'm sure there will be pics posted on social media (by us and press) of things in the booth!

TDK, by Chad's statement, I believe he is saying they may have a prototype at CES Booth.

Yes.

Wait. Is announcing the new Dolby Atmos speakers from Klipsch not happening this week?

Youthman is correct. In fact, if you take a look at http://ces.klipsch.com/products.html

You'll notice something different.

• Like 1