Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

• Moderators

“We have a singular mission for the Reference Premiere series, which is to blow the doors off the

expectations of our loyal following,” said Mark Casavant, senior vice president of product

development for Klipsch. “This new lineup delivers the ultimate realism and intimacy associated with

the live music experience. It’s an outstanding new experience that will stun audiophiles and music

lovers alike.”

Thanks for the article Dave.  Guess we will find out if this is true when we get to hear them first hand.

“We have a singular mission for the Reference Premiere series, which is to blow the doors off the

expectations of our loyal following,” said Mark Casavant, senior vice president of product

development for Klipsch. “This new lineup delivers the ultimate realism and intimacy associated with

the live music experience. It’s an outstanding new experience that will stun audiophiles and music

lovers alike.”

Thanks for the article Dave.  Guess we will find out if this is true when we get to hear them first hand.

So a $1,350 set of speakers are going to blow the doors off Klipschorns or Palladiums? WOW!

Edited by eth2

Hmmm....well,while three way affordable reference would have been my wish...I will congratulate Klipsch on the idea a Great Speaker at an affordable price. If these can deliver on the sound they will have a MAJOR release and my renewed admiration.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Chad, can we see the full "Teaser" video unveiling the new speaker lineup? 

Yes, it'll be live tomorrow. 

If you would, please get back to us with a time.  Thanks!

around 11am EST

• Like 1

• Moderators
Points at you :)

Nah....I'm just having some fun.  As I mentioned earlier, this was the reveal.  I don't think there is another surprise.

I will congratulate Klipsch on the idea a Great Speaker at an affordable price. If these can deliver on the sound they will have a MAJOR release and my renewed admiration.

Klipsch has and I believe will continue to make amazing speakers for many years to come.  Unfortunately, we are probably the most difficult group to please as many of us have worked our way up the ladder and we often do not get excited unless it's a release of something that supersedes what we have. 

I myself am waiting to see what will replace the RF-7ii.  They have been in production now for 4 years.  The original RF-7 were in production for 6 years and the RF-83 were in production for 4 years.  It might be safe to say that the RF-7ii may not be replaced for a few more years.

I think there's something else coming  :)

Today is the 5th - not the 6th.  "Biggest Launch in Years" is on the 6th.

A few minor changes to the reference lineup and a couple of wireless speakers does not make this the "Biggest Launch in Years".  

Your probably right. It just wouldn't make any sense as it sits as the biggest launch in years. They must have something big still under the covers :D

Edited by Cinema_head

• Administrators

We had to make the CES site fully (well, 98%) live today because of the Voxx press event that happened about an hour ago. Tomorrow you'll see more product imagery & pricing information of the RP stuff (although studious individuals would notice the press release having the pricing, and the specs and images are linked on the press page as well) and the full RP launch video that was really well done. Maybe a couple other secrets here and there throughout this week ;-)

More Atmos product details will be forthcoming soon. I've not been approved to relay any more info via the web on that other than what gets reported at CES. 

The WiSA line is very interesting as well, but we are pretty early in the product cycle for it so we can't divulge too much more detail on it YET.

Unfortunately, we are probably the most difficult group to please as many of us have worked our way up the ladder and we often do not get excited unless it's a release of something that supersedes what we have.

Yep, I agree. Wouldn't it be a mind blower if these did supersede what you or I have as far as sound quality?

• Moderators
Maybe a couple other secrets here and there throughout this week ;-)

Those are always welcomed.  Thanks for giving us the head's up Chad.  We certainly do appreciate it.  Klipsch is doing great and if this will help them stay competitive and thriving in a tough economy, that's a good thing, regardless if it does not meet all of our needs or desires. 

That segues nicely...

Perhaps it's a lot to ask, but a bit more emphasis on how they sound rather than how they look (on the forums, that is) might be a fairer assessment of "biggest launch"...right?

:rolleyes:

Changes in the horn shape and their surface treatments might be a bigger deal than you might otherwise imagine...acoustically.

Chris

• Like 3

Perhaps it's a lot to ask, but a bit more emphasis on how they sound rather than how they look (on the forums, that is) might be a fairer assessment of "biggest launch"...right?

I think this is actually a very good idea. Then let the chips fall where they may.