Any Klipsch community here with disabilities? Chime in!

Kent T

Gentlemen, 

I am a physically challenged Klipsch fanatic. I have cerebral palsy, spina bifida, clubfeet and limb length issues. Was born preemie and audiophile my whole life. Met PWK twice, an awesome teacher. I am a 40 year broadcast engineer, I take no BS, and love life, and my job, my wife (my work boss) and my kids. Chime in, your perspectives desired. Especially wheelchair users (Hint, I need Klipsch badges related to Heritage on my chair) Thanks! 

• Like 5

Gentlemen, 

I am a physically challenged Klipsch fanatic. I have cerebral palsy, spina bifida, clubfeet and limb length issues. Was born preemie and audiophile my whole life. Met PWK twice, an awesome teacher. I am a 40 year broadcast engineer, I take no BS, and love life, and my job, my wife (my work boss) and my kids. Chime in, your perspectives desired. Especially wheelchair users (Hint, I need Klipsch badges related to Heritage on my chair) Thanks! 

LOL!   Klipsch badges on the wheel chair?  That is great:lol:

You sir, are what is NOT wrong with this country.  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Hi Kent … I’ve lost (as of last year’s appointment) 75% of my hearing in right ear, and 50% - 60% in left ear.  I love music and love playing the guitar -- two things that i wonder how much longer I’ll get to enjoy.  That hearing loss is nothing compared to the struggles that you’ve had to overcome. I applaud you as your comment about loving all the things that you list tells me that you’ve got a great attitude.

Best regards,

Steve

Know about it well. And also, I can walk short range. Do wear AFO braces (yes, they have survived rattler strikes at the transmitter site). Carbon Fiber and Kevlar is excellent at stopping fangs. P.S. My part time TiLite wheels (surrogate legs) are horn loaded and high efficiency, Hope, Arkansas style. Klipsch for life. 

Guest Steven1963

This is a great thread!  I have no disabilities as long as you don't ask my wife. And I applaud those who have them but don't use them as an excuse.  I'm not sure I have the character that would allow me to fall into that category. 

• Moderators
This is a great thread! I have no disabilities as long as you don't ask my wife.

Very true for me also.

What are you talking about when you say klipsch badges ? All I have is the Yellow BS button.

I don't  have any disabilities but, we have a niece who's living with spinal bifida and it almost brings a tear to my eyes thinking about the many, many, many (did I say many enough times?) operations she's been through.

Wheelchair bound but the heart of an angel.  She's really an inspiration when you think about some of her issues.

The surgery that gave me the biggest heebie-jeebies.....  I don't know if it was a rod in her spine but the way the story got to me is, she was on her back and they cut her front....scooted her innards aside to do their thing.  When done, they stitched her up, flipped her over and then cut through the back side, essentially splitting her in two when looked at in whole.

She just smiles and is an inspiration.

She (they) came to visit at Christmas.  I took her to six of  my eight branches (I cover eight bank branches) and she handed out the 50 or so gifts that I got for each person at those respective branches.  She loves and lives to do things like that.

And here I am all cranky that I've got a nose sniffle.... 

• Like 4

Hi Kent T and welcome to the forum!

Nothing like what you have endured, but I am dyslexic with ADD and it serves me well to keep me cranky!

My son is 12 and is Autistic with MRDD and is mentally 2.5 years old.

My nephew was born premature and has CP. They said he would never walk, but he can accomplish it for a short while and he gets the stares.

My cousin had CP fairly bad and had a seizure and drowned in the bathtub.

So I have some personal familiarity with disabilities.

Again, Welcome to the forum!

Roger

Hi Kent - I made a run of Pie Slice replica badges a few years back, and this pair remained too pliable to sell. If they might conform well to any part of your chair, you are welcome to them. My treat.

While not Heresy III badges, PM me your mailing address if interested.

Chris

Edited by mungkiman
  • Like 4

• Moderators
mungkiman, on 07 Jan 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:mungkiman, on 07 Jan 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

Hi Kent - I made a run of Pie Slice replica badges a few years back, and this pair remained too pliable to sell. If they might conform well to any part of your chair, you are welcome to them. My treat.

While not Heresy III badges, PM me your mailing address if interested.

Chris

attachicon.gifBadge.PNG

I remember those, very nicely done !

Kent T, on 06 Jan 2015 - 4:14 PM, said:

Re: Klipsch badges. I am going to hunt down a PWK badge from the Heresy III for my chair. And find a place to mount a Bull*Hit button on the back. 

I asked what badges because If you want a :pwk_bs:  button I have that, send me your mailing address if you want one. 

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Nice gesture Chris … very cool of you to offer those to Kent.

Actually, it's a selfish gesture, since I'd like to see Kent post a photo of these (and dtel's BS button) adorning his chair, or further explain his "Hope, Arkansas style" surrogate legs...

nothing wrong with some shameless self-promotion every now & then.   :D

• Like 1

I was going to just keep this to myself but something happened today to change my mind. I have a 19 yr old autistic son who lives with his mother 5 hours away. I'm unbelieveably happily married for 9 years now to the last woman I'll ever love and yes i am positive on that. My ex called and told me her husband was leaving her, been gone since dec 15th. Well i try not to wish bad things on anyone even someone who made my life a living nightmare, but what really worries me is that my son Chad was very close to Dennis her husband and I'm terrified he will suffer because of this. Needless to say to those of you who are familiar with autism Chad can be very difficult to control when he gets upset about something and i can't stand to think of him feeling that way. Just needed to vent i guess. I know i haven't been a member here all that long but i feel like you guys are like an extended family of sorts and i needed to tell my story.

I was going to just keep this to myself but something happened today to change my mind. I have a 19 yr old autistic son who lives with his mother 5 hours away. I'm unbelieveably happily married for 9 years now to the last woman I'll ever love and yes i am positive on that. My ex called and told me her husband was leaving her, been gone since dec 15th. Well i try not to wish bad things on anyone even someone who made my life a living nightmare, but what really worries me is that my son Chad was very close to Dennis her husband and I'm terrified he will suffer because of this. Needless to say to those of you who are familiar with autism Chad can be very difficult to control when he gets upset about something and i can't stand to think of him feeling that way. Just needed to vent i guess. I know i haven't been a member here all that long but i feel like you guys are like an extended family of sorts and i needed to tell my story.

I sure hope that things turn out okay…my friend’s son is severely autistic and he told me once that his son freaks out if his routine is disturbed. May the Lord comfort Chad … and the rest of you all. 

Steve