Klipsch - So much for customer service

eth2

We never got to that discussion. After the told me that they did not stock diaphragms, I lost interest. I am not going to buy a product for which there are no parts. I am going with the Eliptac EF's and the 120 driver

Edited by eth2

Just one person can give a poor impression of a company's Tech assistance.  Could be that someone got up on the wrong side of the bed and thus gave a bad impression or inaccurate information.

For hard to get Pickup parts I would try   www.lmctruck.com/chevrolet if you have not already.  I've found many items there that I did not expect to find anywhere.

Just one person can give a poor impression of a company's Tech assistance.  Could be that someone got up on the wrong side of the bed and thus gave a bad impression or inaccurate information.

For hard to get Pickup parts I would try   www.lmc[/size]truck.com/chevrolet [/size]if you have not already.  I've found many items there that I did not expect to find anywhere.

With only 2802 made it is not a 'popular' model. Still searching via forums and epray.

I was told there were no repair parts but I could buy a new set.

are you sure they didn't mean a new set of tweeters, since the diaphragm(s) were shot? Surely they didn't mean a whole new set of khorns.

Good point, if they told you to buy a new set of K Horns because of a bad tweeter diaphragm, the service is somewhat lacking. 

• Administrators

Hey Earl - I'm sorry you were disappointed with your customer service interaction. I'd like to see if I can get some more information regarding this issue. I won't necessarily be able to get you a different answer, but maybe it'll help give some clarification in some way.

Did you talk to someone on the phone or via email ticket?

If the former, do you have a name of the rep, or the latter, a ticket #?

• Like 2

I was told there were no repair parts but I could buy a new set.

I would bet that Klipsch does have the parts but they only go to into authorised repairs and are not sold to individuals. Possibly a Klipsch dealer can get the part? Perhaps a clarifying conversation with someone "higher up" at Klipsch? My post is speculative......

Added Edit....just read Chad's post after posting paragraph above.

Edited by buckaroo
  • Like 1

Actually, just browsed through this thread.  But I recall that many years ago when PWK lived a Klipsch ad said that any Klipschorn could be updated to the latest with a change of drivers.

Not sure why that would change, or maybe I missed something here.

Dave

• Moderators

I would think they buy whole drivers to build speakers, I thought they got out of building them many years ago. I remember one pilgrimage they showed us the machine that magnetized the magnets saying they stopped building then drivers. There was no reason to build them because they could get them built exactly how they wanted and used the space and resources better.

I could be wrong but thought I remembered that.

Hey Earl - I'm sorry you were disappointed with your customer service interaction. I'd like to see if I can get some more information regarding this issue. I won't necessarily be able to get you a different answer, but maybe it'll help give some clarification in some way.

Did you talk to someone on the phone or via email ticket?

If the former, do you have a name of the rep, or the latter, a ticket #?

Chad,

Can you give me the status of your inquiry?

Thank you

Having not heard back from Chad for 4 or 5 days, I decided to call "Customer Service" again. The representative first asked me which model I had and I told him "Klipschorns". He then asked for the model year and I told him 2006.

CS, "So we are talking about an older speaker." I personally don't think that a 2006 is an "older speaker" but OK, it is a matter of opinion.

ME: "If you think a 2006 is an older speaker you must not spend too much time on the Klipsch Forum."

CS: "No, we are too busy to spend time there." OK again - who cares what your best customers think anyway? He told me that Klipsch no longer stocks the diaphragm but gave me a third party name that "might" have them (they do $105 shipped).

ME: "How it is possible that Klipsch could not stock parts for a tweeter they still install in the Khorn?"

CS: "I am not involved in order decisions." Fair enough -

ME: "Please transfer me to someone who is."

CS: "There is no one to speak to."

ME: "I am going to rip Klipsch CS on the Forum."

CS: "Just one minute." Several minuted later,

CS: "We have ordered that diaphragm. It should be here in late February, early March."

ME: "OK, can I order one now?"

CS: "No, call back in February."

ME: "Have a nice day and you may wish to check the Forum."

NOTE: This is my best recollection of the exact conversation, but since they are recorded, I will be happy to listen to any differing info.

Edited by eth2

• Administrators

Hey Earl - I apologize for the delay in getting with CS on my end. Not making excuses, but I've had a crazy busy last few days. Again - my fault.

I've been told you can in fact order the K-77-F diaphragm, but they are just on backorder. You should still be able to place an order.