Speaker cables for Khorns.

I'm running 10 gauge OFC copper that I bought from Parts Express that works fine. I was running a smaller gauge cable for a while, and I noticed a big improvement with the bigger wire. I also have some 8 gauge, but it didn't seem to make any sonic difference.

I'm not going to get started on name brand cables, because everybody has their own opinions on which is best.  That's my 2 cents.

• Like 1

I had a Viva for a while.  I don't recall the specific model but it used 300B tubes and at the flip of a switch could be used with or without a preamp.

I had perfectly fine (for me) results using 12g outdoor/underground low voltage light wire.

This was on Khorns with ALK extreme slope crossovers.

Most guys here use zip cord?

You tell em Schu....more bunk.  Would be nice if posters would not generalize what "most" people on this forum do or do not do, without first having been in "most" members listening rooms or living rooms.  For myself, I use the absolutely most expensive speaker wire available, regardless of construction, condition or reviews.  I mean, doesn't everyone here?

Oh, wait, I didn't mean everyone, I meant most.

Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 1

I'm not a fan of stranded copper.

I couldn't agree more. Those little electrons start spinning around, then they get dizzy, then they fall down, then they get up and stagger around. The sung vocals start getting all sloppy and it sounds like drool is coming out of your speakers.

Oh. Wait a minute. That's me.

Edited by thebes
  • Like 4

Well, in such time as I spent with him I found debating PWK to be a good way to find oneself in a rather "Duh, drool..." state of self image when it came to anything audio.

I am sure the man made errors.  I just am not aware of them when it comes to Klipschorns.  And Jubs are not a response.  He violated the rules purposefully there and by intention. 

Dave

Edited by Mallette

Most guys here use zip cord?

You tell em Schu....more bunk.  Would be nice if posters would not generalize what "most" people on this forum do or do not do, without first having been in "most" members listening rooms or living rooms.  For myself, I use the absolutely most expensive speaker wire available, regardless of construction, condition or reviews.  I mean, doesn't everyone here?

Oh, wait, I didn't mean everyone, I meant most.

I'm willing to post a poll, can this site do that?

Edited by russ69