The craigslist find I've been waiting for

timdog5000

Last spring I bought a PB 12 ultra/2, I have been very pleased with it but have been searching for another to smooth out bass response. I search twice-daily or more my local craigslist, AVS forum, SearchTempest, and of course our humble forum. I've come across a few but always too late or when I don't have the money. Last Thursday I came across a PB 12+/2 outside of Dallas, it was posted 20 min before I called and I wound up being first in line. It's a little bit of a haul from St. Louis but he only wanted $250 for it so it was definitely worth the trip to me. The gentleman called me back later that day and said it had been sold, I was a little surprised because I was the first to call but I guess he didn't want to wait till the next day for me to drive down. Oh well, no reason to cry over spilled milk but I was a little bummed out. Friday I was back to trolling for subs and came across an ad for 2 -PB 12+/2 one for $500 or both for $875. It had been posted seven hours before I responded, it did have a phone number but it was already 11:30 PM. I responded three or four times within five minutes leaving phone numbers and asking him to call me ASAP I didn't care how later how early. The next morning he called me and said only one other person was interested but he lived in California and he did not want to ship preferably. Saturday I spoke with him numerous times but had other plans that I could not break and went there Sunday morning at 8am to pick them up. My wife is not a fan of the piano gloss and I would've liked to have had black oak myself but they were really pretty no scratches pristine looking subs that I couldn't tell he took meticulous care of and barely even had on. He was a very nice gentleman who is only selling them because he just purchased two PB 13 ultras. I did not get to stay as long as I would've liked I needed to be back to pick up my wife for church at 9:30. When I got in the room and sat down he handed me a booklet of papers with all his movies in alphabetical order and told me to pick some for demo. It was coincidental he happen to have an RF-7ii 7.2 system so we had a lot in common. It's always good to be able to talk to someone in person who has this hobby we have, I don't come across to many people like that in my area. He had been to the forum before but never posted or looked around much. I got the subs home and texted Scrappy and asked him some suggestions for placement of these three beasts, I had a similar idea to what he suggested but was glad to confirm it with someone who knows much more than I, I'm a hack at best. I put them in that first position and have not moved them yet, haven't had a whole lot of time to play with them the past two days. I will really be able to some serious listening this weekend. I can tell you this though, I have had a smile on my face from ear to ear since yesterday afternoon!! I'll post some pics and some more impressions when I have more time to listen.

• Like 3

It's always good to be able to talk to someone in person who has this hobby we have,

I dunno.....everyone I've met in this hobby or on this forum has been whack-o.

Probably a good thing I've broken every mirror in my house so I don't have to look at a wack-o every morning.

:blink:  :ph34r:

It's always good to be able to talk to someone in person who has this hobby we have,

I dunno.....everyone I've met in this hobby or on this forum has been whack-o.

Probably a good thing I've broken every mirror in my house so I don't have to look at a wack-o every morning.

:blink::ph34r:

I wouldn't consider myself crazy... I CAN MAKE A BOOGER TALK!! I'm one of the sanest people I know…GARLIC MAKE MY FEET STANK!!
  • Like 1