Pandora: ScumBag Central

thebes

Pandora's revenue in 2014 was $920 million.

Their profit was $420 million up from $250 million in 2013.

That's $670 million in two years.

If they are like Spotify they pay seven tenths of a cent (7 mills for those who know what a mill is) a song, most of which goes to songwriters and corporations.

The artists, the musicians, the players get dick.

Get this, the big wheel at this corporation is a former musician, used to play rock and roll.

Boy ain't streaming fun.  You get ersatz pretend digital one on one, sure it sounds just the same as the original tape because we said so, and thanks to modern day sound cards, abetted by digital to analogue converters sent through 40,000 servers and one hundred  billion miles of wire, laser and cheap Tawainise components, rendered by Microsoft, dedigitalized by Apple, codified by French coders while singing Edith Piaf showtunes, its delivered to your ear by a subsidiary of Bose.

Gee you streamers got it great. You get crappy sound and you get to screw every hard working, not all ready a billionaire, musician in the world just so Pandora, the music listeners friend, can reap profits that would leave a Saudi prince drooling.

Enjoy your streaming.  Reminds me of a yellow liquid I'm about to pass.

Pandora's revenue in 2014 was $920 million.

Their profit was $420 million up from $250 million in 2013.

That's $670 million in two years.

If they are like Spotify they pay seven tenths of a cent (7 mills for those who know what a mill is) a song, most of which goes to songwriters and corporations.

Get this, the big wheel at this corporation is a former musician, used to play rock and roll.

Boy ain't streaming fun.  You get ersatz pretend digital one on one, sure it sounds just the same as the original tape because we said so, and thanks to modern day sound cards, abetted by digital to analogue converters sent through 40,000 servers and one hundred  billion miles of wire, laser and cheap Tawainise components, rendered by Microsoft, dedigitalized by Apple, codified by French coders while singing Edith Piaf showtunes, its delivered to your ear by a subsidiary of Bose.

Gee you streamers got it great. You get crappy sound and you get to screw every hard working, not all ready a billionaire, musician in the world just so Pandora, the music listeners friend, can reap profits that would leave a Saudi prince drooling.

Enjoy your streaming.  Reminds me of a yellow liquid I'm about to pass.

Stop sugar coating it Marty, tell us how you really feel  :D

PS I use no streaming services, all my digital playback is via ripped discs ;)

I concur the quality sucks, I cant listen to it............

Edited by joessportster

Never understood it to start with.I listen to endless great music for free, Classic Deep Cuts, (the guy actually pays to play me music) Casey's Classic Rock etc...some of the best music ever recorded from a crazy large library.

Never understood it to start with.I listen to endless great music for free, Classic Deep Cuts, (the guy actually pays to play me music) Casey's Classic Rock etc...some of the best music ever recorded from a crazy large library.

Radio!!!!!!!!

By god man, what's next?

A Hootnany? :D

Radio!!!!!!!!

By god man, what's next?

A Hootnany? :D

Hootnany! Oh yeah, I love a good Hooter!

• Moderators

It's the wave of the future, greed, look on any internet page, 50 ads popping up everywhere. Tv commercials trying to make you feel like you deserve a new car, a new phone every few months and everything else everyone is going into debt to have while the few are sitting back laughing.

Ha, look how much a new Lp cost to go with that over priced bose stereo.

Anyway everybody knows the musicians and artist just want to sit around smoking pot and making music so what do they care. :wacko:    :lol: