Are we getting a smidgen out of hand on the forum?

USNRET

Just seems that we (myself included) are straying a bit and perhaps our postings in some areas are not meeting the expectations of the general populous. Perhaps we might curtail our 'input' a bit? As you are well aware our forum does have the reputation of being a darn good one.

Standing by for a broad side :)

Well, as a really poor excuse for a moderator I'd be interested in your being more specific. 

Dave

Just a casual response to some folks taking issues with their belief that there is too much 'thread crapping'. Does not brother me a bit.

Mike

perhaps our postings in some areas are not meeting the expectations of the general populous. Perhaps we might curtail our 'input' a bit?

Without examples or more explanation it is a bit difficult to know what you are concerned over.

See above; I personally have no concerns so I guess I should have left it to those I perceived experiencing some annoyance.

I saw that Beatles dis..................( :ph34r: I agree with it though)

I like some of the off music topic stuff, I love music but I need a break from time to time, 

What makes this forum great IMHO is the fact that we can disagree and for the most part remain civil, The members truly care for the product, its heritage, the members, music, & so much more

The other forums I visit would not equal a pimple on the rump compared to this place, There is a genuine desire to help all that stop here and post. I can not count the number of unanswered query on other forums, or the smug remarks from the forum snobs

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 5

I'm not so sure about that.

Now from time-time-to-time even I've trespassed the rules of decorum, and gone past the accepted double entendre into more graphic expressions. Probably doing it now up in 2 Channel.

However,  personal attacks and knock down political rants are few and far between. 

I see occasional outbursts as healthy. 

We are primarily here because of sound reproduction.

Music.

Good Music.

Great Music.

Transforming music.

We have many more boundaries here than the music we seek to hear.

We express as many emotions here as the emotions that music has to offer. Well maybe except that necrophiliac crowd concentrated in old goth albums and certain heavy metal scores.

Compared to what we listen to, this place is like a 1950's sock hop.

Don't worry, mon. Be happy.

• Like 1

Well, as a really poor excuse for a moderator I'd be interested in your being more specific. 

Dave

First of all, you are FINE as a moderator.  You are not what's wrong.  :)

I personally don't have any complaints, but I do see where a couple of threads have been a bit edgy, and the For Sale thread with the turntable really did get out of hand, funny-wise.  I didn't see a problem with it because it kept the OP's For Sale item on the front page, but that thread really did suffer from funny-itis.  :rolleyes:

The edgy thread was the global warming one.  It might have bordered a bit on politics, and people were passionate, but were I a mod I would have permitted it because there was a lot of interest in it, and the opinions for the most part were incredibly articulate and intelligent. 

It is possible to over-moderate to the point a forum becomes boring, so a little spice is not necessarily a bad thing.

I say, stay the course.  "Torpedoes away!" not necessary unless the other ship reaches ramming speed.  B)

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

Without any examples I can only assume the genesis of this thread may be my recent two threads. I assure you, I am not trying to cause trouble.  But I too sometimes like something beyond the experience of 2 channel or HT the forum offers.  

Frankly, even though I am new to this 'family' I would hope that as close as it is a couple topics that generate a little hot sauce wouldn't be too much.  And, honestly, I think all in all everybody did an excellent job of keeping their devils in check.

If I was not the genesis of this thread I'm sorry, I'll just have to try harder.  :ph34r:

Just seems that we (myself included) are straying a bit and perhaps our postings in some areas are not meeting the expectations of the general populous. Perhaps we might curtail our 'input' a bit? As you are well aware our forum does have the reputation of being a darn good one.

Standing by for a broad side :)

How about a game of Drunken Battleship.  The game is just like Battleship; however, the ships are replaced with shot glasses full of your strongest whiskey, scotch, etc.  When you lose, you still win as you truly go down with the ship. 

Disclaimer: As used in this post, "Drunken," “Battleship,” “whiskey,” “scotch” and other terms were not used or meant to be taken in any disparaging way by any forum member or by anyone reading these threads and lurking.  As always, please note that the information presented by this author is meant for fun and is not intended as insult or otherwise!!! 

drunken-ship-battleship-drinking-game-2.jpg

post-36163-0-61800000-1423618456_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 3

I can only assume the genesis of this thread may be my recent two threads

To be honest I don't know if I even saw yours or if I did if it was the 'genesis'. I haven't had my meds today and just got to thinking that over some time that some new and old folks took some SLIGHT exception to some threads / posts. I will now medicate with whatever beverage is in the bar and slink away.

Edited by USNRET

Now every last one of you scurvy dogs pipe down, toe the line and keep the devil between yourself and the deep blue sea fur we'll be a'seeing ya in the land o' Hope. Thar be a rummage sale and a square meal to be had there.

• Like 1