Are we getting a smidgen out of hand on the forum?

USNRET

Brian's is more like the classic Louisiana/Tabasco as I mentioned...but with a dash of genius.  In my case, I love'em all, from the SE Asia Sambals to TexMex salsa and everything in between. 

Dave

No genius in mine, just heat.  It's some of the best smelling stuff you can inhale.  It normally makes my mouth water just opening the lid of the container.  You can't really eat it with chips though unless you're a serious pepper head.  It's great on sandwiches or to cook with.

What I want is a darn good, greasy hot tamale!

Should be one within walking distance if you are in town, a few miles otherwise down where you are.  I've had some of the best down that way.

I've with Carl, though.  No interest in excess grease other than the lard in the masa.  Nice spicy pork filling with a 1/4" or so of tender, corn fragrant masa steamed to perfection.  I know a little shop tucked just out of sight off Fairmont Parkway in Pasadena that has pretty close to "tens."  Need to stop in and stock up now that you have my mouth watering...

Dave

Edited by Mallette

I know a little shop tucked just out of sight off Fairmont Parkway in Pasadena that has pretty close to "tens."

There's a place here called "Uncle Henry's".  It's a drive through only that's been in business for as long as I can remember.  They're pretty close to a 10 also.  There's really no need to buy them anywhere else. 

I'm with you though Dave, there's got to be at least a couple good tamale stands in the Corpus area.

Chad encourages us to move topics to the appropriate forum when need be.  I, and I think the others as well, always leave a link in the OP Forum for convenience and to indicate it isn't punitive.  Just housekeeping.  For a decade or so, the "General Klipsch Questions" forum had largely become just "General" as there was no designated area for non-audio related discussions.  With the new restructure came the Lounge, precisely for that purpose.  Other than breaching forum rules, which are set by Chad, there are no limits on Lounge topics.  Personally, I love heated discussions and most warnings I issue aren't because I want to discipline anyone but for fear the thread will be locked and I am enjoying it.

Dave

You need hot sauce? You come to me. Just ask Dave.

TRVTH

and a hearty "AMEN" to go with it.  I've been telling Brian to quit his day job and take his stuff public.  BTW, Brian...I've come to think one great variety would be to take and hybridize the carrot/lemon grass types.  You're the chef, but my taste buds suggest that a bit less of the carrot, which provides excellent texture and color, and a bit of the lemon grass, which provides a completely unique "something," might be a big success.

For those who haven't had the pleasure, Brian has added to the basic pepper sauce, which in my lifetime has consisted of either yer basic Louisiana vinegar/red pepper  non aged and Tabasco, the aged version, some recipes that are distinctly different.  Had grilled cheese and tomato soup last night and Brian's lemon grass variety (the carrot version is all gone) was SUBLIME in the soup.

Dave

No way, the big carrot chunks are what makes it awesome. Slather it all over some hawaiian pizza. I just wish it came in big mason jar sizes, or 5-gallon buckets.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters